Jaanta Tigers Trekkers organized a trek to Irshalgad on 19th October, 2014.
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Height: 3700 feet
Irshaal gad is a fort situated in the Karjat region. The name Irshaalgad itself ia a misnomer; Irshal is not a fort but a pinnacle. This is the reason why it hardly figures anywhere in history. Shivaji Maharaj captured the complete region of Kalyan and Bhiwandi, up to Rairi in May 1666. This fort too, must have come under the Maratha rule at that time.
Mumbai CST at 04.44 AM
Byculla 04.52 AM
Dadar 05.02 AM
Kurla 05.13 AM
Ghatkopar 5.19 AM
Vikroli 5.24 AM
Bhandup 5.30 AM
Thane 05.40 AM
Dombivali 06.02 AM
Kalyan 06.11 AM
AMbernath 6.23 AM
Karjat 07.05 AM
07:30 am to 08:00 am: Break fast & tea at Karjat.
8.00 am: Proceed to base village by private vehicle.
8.30am: Start trek towards fort.
11.00am to 12.00am: Explore the Fort.
12.00 am to 12.30 pm : Lunch
12.30pm: Start descending the fort.
03.00 pm: Reach at Karjat.
03.15 pm Evening snacks & Tea.
3.45 pm : Catch return local to CST
Note: We are not going to climb pinnacle.
Charges: Rs. 350/- per person
Morning breakfast/tea, Evening snacks/tea & traveling from Karjatl to Karjat.
Expert Guidance for the trek.
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. Your own return ticket to Karjat station.
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
3. A bottle of water (minimum 4Ltrs).
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory).
6. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand).
7. A good trekking shoes and extra clothes (compulsory).
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Please note that "attending" Jaanta on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration. Please call our tiger’s on below given numbers. Please confirm your seat before 19/6/2014.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 30 registrations only.
Do feel free to contact us for any queries / clarifications.
For Registration & more details, contact Our "Tiger’s".
Jaanta Tigers Trekkers
Prabhakar Tamhankar: 9702938521
Santosh Lamkhade : 9821252911
Shital Shinde: 08976393442
Thanking you in advance as you consider our request
Please feel free to contact us for clarifications, if any.
President – Jaanta Foundation
All donations carry income tax exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax Act.