YatriSahyadri has organized a trek to The Highest Peak in Maharashtra, Kalsubai Peak on the 24th July, 2016.
Height: 1646meters/5400feet above MSL
Kalsubai Peak (Marathi: कळसूबाई शिखर is the highest peak (1646 meters) of the Sahyadris in Akole Taluka, of Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara.
It usually takes three hours to reach the top from Bari. Soon after leaving, a small stream is crossed followed soon after by a Hanuman temple. The route from behind this temple takes the hiker straight to the summit. There are three iron ladders along this route. There is a well near the last iron ladder as one approaches the top but the water is not potable during the summer. The rest of the route is without water, so it is best to fill water bottles in Bari. It is an easy hike, but parts of it are quite steep in places.
At the summit is a small temple of Kalsubai, which can seat just three people. The vastly spread out backwaters of Bhandardara attracts ones attention from the top. To the north of the mountain range forts such as Ramsej,Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, Kavnai can be seen.
To the east one can spot Aundha, Vishramgad, Bitangad, to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar, Harishchandragad can be seen
Saturday, 23rd July, 2016.
10.30pm: Bus departs from outside Magathane Bus Depot, W.E. Highway Borivali East,
10.45pm: Pick up from outside Oberoi Mall, Goregaon East,
11.00pm: Pickup from outside Bisleri Junction, Andheri East,
11.30pm: Pickup from Sion Staion,
12.10pm: Pick up from Thane Check Naka,
02.00am: Short brek before Kasara Ghat
04.00: Reach Base Village Bari
04.00am to 5:00am: Take rest .
05.00am: Breakfast, tea & packing
05.30am: Introduction & other formalities .
06.00am: Start Trek from Bari towards Kalsubai Peak. Trek time Approx 3 hrs.
10.00am: Reach Kalsubai Peak & temple.
10.00am: Explore the temple & photography.
03.30pm: Leave for Mumbai
05.00pm: Evening snacks & tea.
05:30pm: Continue journey back to Mumbai
1. A pair of good trekking/running shoes,
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs)
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory)
5. Insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
6. Extra set of clothes & towel (compulsory)
7. Please carry a set of used newspapers, Maggi, matchbox, torch (Compulsary, AA batteries and chocolates (No lozenges) for energy, Electral / Enerzyl powder, 4-5 lemons, some snacks & biscuits, plate, spoon glass (all reusable & compulsory)
8. Personal medicines, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
9. Kindly wear polyester or DriFit type of clothing including trackpants and tshirts or jersey. No cotton clothes please.
(We request you to avoid wearing jeans as it will rub against your skin leading to rashes and a leave on Monday).
Morning Tea/Breakfast Lunch and evening tea and snacks.
Travel by non aircinditioned private bus from Mumbai to Bari and back to Mumbai.
Trek expertise from Bari - Kalsubai - Bari.
Please note that "attending" RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration.
Please register by calling us on below mention numbers.
Please confirm your seat before 22nd July, 2016.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 15 registrations only.
For CONFIRMATION of your registration please deposit the trek fee amount in the following account number:
(ONLY CHEQUE OR BANK TRANSFER. NO CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE)
A/c. No.: 0174104000085409,
Call us and confirm and please do carry the Pay-In-Slip as proof of registration.
Do feel free to contact any of us for any queries / clarifications.
Nityanand Naik - 9819818132,
Srikant R.Pillai - 7666905040,
Suhas Sagvekar - 9820257757.