YatriSahyadri Trek from Chandragad & Arthur Seat (Mahabaleshwar).
YatriSahyadri has organized a trek at Chandragad to Arthur Seat on 10th December, 2016.
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Fort : Chandragad/Arthur Seat
Grade : Medium but high on endurance
Chandragad: The fort was constructed by Chandrarao More of Javli and it was named after him as 'Chandragad'. It was taken over by Shivaji Maharaj in the 17th century. The fort was used mainly to keep close watch on the 'Dhawalya Ghat' route. 7-8 kms from Dhawale village is Umarath which is birth place of Shri Tanaji Malusare also known as Simha ("Lion"), a great warrior in the army of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Authur’s Seat is at an altitude of 4396 feet high. The queen of all points, Arthur’s point got its name after Arthur Mallet who sat here and gazed at Savitri River, where he lost his wife & children in a tragic ferry mishap. Arthur Seat Point is also known as “Suicide Point @ Mahabaleshwar”.
Friday, 9th December, 2016
22.30pm: Bus starting point – Magathane Bus station, W.E. Highway Borivali East
23.00pm: Oberoi Mall, W.E. Highway, Goregaon East
Saturday, 10th December, 2016
00.10am: Vashi Railway Station
00.30am: McDonalds Kalamboli
05.00am: Will reach base village Dhawale & rest for a while
07.00am: Wake up, have tea and breakfast
08.00am: Start trekking towards Chandragad
09.00am: Reach Top of the Chandragad & explore Fort
10.00am: Proceed towards Arthur Seat (5-6 hour trek)
16.00pm: Will reach our final destination Arthur Seat Point
17.30pm: Will reach Mahabaleshwar City & proceed to Mumbai via Pune (will take halt in between for dinner)
Sunday, 11th December, 2016
02.00am: Will reach Borivali, Mumbai
Morning tea, breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
Private transportation from Borivali, Mumbai to base village Dhawale via non air conditioned vehicle
All equipments needed for the event,
Expert guidance for the trek.
Any personal expenses incurred during the entire event
Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
1. A pair of good trekking/running shoes,
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs)
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory)
6. Extra set of clothes & towel (compulsory)
7. Please carry a set of used newspapers, Maggi, matchbox, torch with extra batteries and chocolates (No lozenges) for energy
8. Personal medicines, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
9. Kindly wear polyester or DriFit type of clothing including trackpants and tshirts or jersey. No cotton clothes please.
We request you to avoid wearing jeans as it will rub against your skin leading to rashes.
Please note that "attending" RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration.
Please register by calling us on below mention numbers.
Please confirm your seat before 7th December, 2016.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 15 registrations only.
For CONFIRMATION of your registration please deposit the trek fee amount in the following account number:
(ONLY CHEQUE OR BANK TRANSFER. NO CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE)
A/c. No.: 0174104000085409,
Call us and confirm and please do carry the Pay-In-Slip as proof of registration.
Do feel free to contact any of us for any queries / clarifications.
Nityanand Naik - 9819818132,
Nilesh Bhoyare - 9820049775,
Srikant R.Pillai - 7666905040,
Suhas Sagvekar - 9820257757.