YatriSahyadri has organized a trek to Matheran via Vikatgad (Peb Fort) on Saturday, 27th August, 2015.
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Height: 800 meters/2,625 feet
Discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the then District Collector of Thane District, Matheran was a popular hill resort for the British. It was the perfect way for them to escape the scorching summer heat in India, during their colonial regime. Later, Lord Elphinstone, the then Governor of Mumbai, pioneered the development of Matheran as a future hill station of India. Located at a height of 800 m (2,625 ft) above sea-level, Matheran is one of the tiniest hill stations in the country
If you want to visit a place which is a hill station but really different one or unique hill station - Matheran is the best choice. This is the place truly loved by all - Picnic Lovers, Trekkers as well as jungle lovers.
The climate of Matheran is very cool. The most unforgettable things about Matheran is deep forest and the waterfalls nearby, especially in rainy season. The beauty of the hill station gets doubled in monsoon. Matheran is truly 'The Best Hill Station in Maharashtra. There are many places to see in Matheran.
06.00am: Meet at Dadar Railway Station (C.R.) Platform no. 4 North End (1st Compartment-Karjat end)
06.24am: Karjat Fast Local to reach Neral
07.44am: We alight at Neral
08.30am: Begin our walk to the base of the Peb Fort
09.00am: Reach the base of the mountain
11.00am: We reach the top of the ridge. Another 30minutes and we reach the cave near Vikatgad
01.00pm: We reach the top of the mountain
Take a small break and a few minutes of photo session
1.30pm: Descend begins. Trek continues
02.00pm: Reach Vikatgad Fort. Explore the fort and we continue on our way to Matheran
04.00pm: Reach the narrow gauge tracks of Mathearn Light Railway near Kadyawarcha Ganpati
05.00pm: Trek ends once we have reached Dasturi Naka at Matheran
5.10pm: Take a taxi to Neral Station
6.58pm: Board the CST fast local to Mumbai
Trek Fees: Rs. 600/- per person.
Morning tea& breakfast, packed lunch, evening tea&snacks.
Expert guidance for the trek.
1. A pair of good trekking/running shoes,
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs)
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory)
5. Insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
6. Extra set of clothes & towel (compulsory)
7. Please carry a set of used newspapers, Maggi, matchbox, torch (Compulsary, AA batteries and chocolates (No lozenges) for energy, Electral / Enerzyl powder, 4-5 lemons, some snacks & biscuits, plate, spoon glass (all reusable & compulsory)
8. Personal medicines, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
9. Kindly wear polyester or DriFit type of clothing including trackpants and tshirts or jersey. No cotton clothes please. (We request you to avoid wearing jeans as it will rub against your skin leading to rashes a lot of discomfort and a sick leave on Monday).
Please note that "attending" RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration.
Please register by calling us on below mention numbers.
Please confirm your seat before 25th July, 2016.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 25 registrations only.
LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS ARE WELCOME AND WILL BE ENTERTAINED SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF SEATS.
For CONFIRMATION of your registration please deposit the trek fee amount in the following account number:
(ONLY CHEQUE OR BANK TRANSFER. NO CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE)
A/c. No.: 0174104000085409,
Call us and confirm and please do carry the Pay-In-Slip as proof of registration.
Do feel free to contact any of us for any queries / clarifications.
Nityanand K. Naik - 9819818132,
Srikant R.Pillai - 7666905040,
Suhas S. Sagvekar - 9820257757.