YatriSahyadri has organized a trek to Kalavantin Durg on Sunday, 21st August, 2016.
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Kalavanti and Prabalgad are twin forts accessible from Thakurwadi and the plateau midway is known as Prabalmachi. Both the forts are also visible from Mumbai-Pune highway. According the stories, the fort was built for a queen named “Kalavanti”. For climbing this fort steps are cut in the rocks of the hill. From the peak of this hill you can see Matheran, Chanderi, Peb & Irshalgad forts, Karnala fort & Mumbai city.
05:30am: Reporting at Kurla Station.
05:50am: Board the 5.50am Panvel local. Travel time till Panvel approximately 1 hour.
06.50am: We reach Panvel station.
07:00am: Walk to Panvel S.T. Depot. Have tea & breakfast at local restaurant
08.00am: Travel to base Village from Panvel station (Travel time approximately 30 minutes)
08.30am: Reach base village Thakurwadi. Introduction and other formalities
09.00am: Start trek from base village Thakurwadi towards Prabalmachi
10.30am: Reach Prabalmachi.
Take a short break, refill water, leave bags at the village home.
11.00pm: Start trek towards Prabalgad
01.00pm: Reach Prabalgad. Explore, photography, etc.
02.00pm: Start descending to Prabalgad
03.30pm: Reach at Base village. Have lunch.
04.30pm: Descend to Thakurwadi
06.00pm: Travel to Panvel S.T. Depot.
06.30pm: Reach Panvel S.T. Depot. Have tea and snacks at local restaurant
07.00pm: Walk back to Panvel Station. Board local train to CST
TREK FEES: Rs.600.00 per head.
Morning tea/breakfast, lunch & evening tea/snacks.
Traveling from Panvel to Thakurwadi and back to Panvel by public transport.
Expert guidance for the trek.
1. A pair of good trekking/running shoes,
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs)
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory)
5. Insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
6. Extra set of clothes & towel (compulsory)
7. Please carry a set of used newspapers, Maggi, matchbox, torch (Compulsary, AA batteries and chocolates (No lozenges) for energy, Electral / Enerzyl powder, 4-5 lemons, some snacks & biscuits, plate, spoon glass (all reusable & compulsory)
8. Personal medicines, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
9. Kindly wear polyester or DriFit type of clothing including trackpants and tshirts or jersey. No cotton clothes please.
(We request you to avoid wearing jeans as it will rub against your skin leading to rashes and a leave on Monday).
Please note that "attending" RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration.
Please register by calling us on below mention numbers.
Please confirm your seat before 20th August, 2016.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 15 registrations only.
For CONFIRMATION of your registration please deposit the trek fee amount in the following account number:
(ONLY CHEQUE OR BANK TRANSFER. NO CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE)
A/c. No.: 0174104000085409,
Call us and confirm and please do carry the Pay-In-Slip as proof of registration.
Do feel free to contact any of us for any queries / clarifications.
Nityanand Naik - 9819818132,
Srikant R.Pillai – 7666905040.