YatriSahyadri has organized a trek to Matheran via Sunset Point on Saturday, the 23th of July, 2016.
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Height: 800 meters/2,625 feet
Discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the then District Collector of Thane District, Matheran was a popular hill resort for the British. It was the perfect way for them to escape the scorching summer heat in India, during their colonial regime. Later, Lord Elphinstone, the then Governor of Mumbai, pioneered the development of Matheran as a future hill station of India. Located at a height of 800 m (2,625 ft) above sea-level, Matheran is one of the tiniest hill stations in the country
If you want to visit a place which is a hill station but really different one or unique hill station - Matheran is the best choice. This is the place truly loved by all - Picnic Lovers, Trekkers as well as jungle lovers.
The climate of Matheran is very cool. The most unforgettable things about Matheran is deep forest and the waterfalls nearby, especially in rainy season. The beauty of the hill station gets doubled in monsoon. Matheran is truly 'The Best Hill Station in Maharashtra. There are many places to see in Matheran.
06:00am: Reporting at Kurla Station. (Please carry your ticket to Panvel Station & back)
06:15am: Proceed to Panvel by 6.15am local. Travel time approx 1 hour
07.05am: We reach at Panvel station
07.15am: Walk to the S. T. Depot
07.30am: Have breakfast and tea at nearby restaurant
08.30am: Proceed to base village Dodhani by S.T. Bus/10 seater rickshaw.
09:30am: Reach base village. Introduction & other formalities
10:00am: Start trek towards Sunset Point, Matheran
12.30pm: Reach Sunset Point. Photography, explore, proceed towards Dasturi Naka
02.00pm: Reach Dasturi Naka. Proceed to Neral station by public transport
02.30pm: Lunch at Neral Station
03.30pm: Board return local to CST.
Trek Fees: Rs.500.00 per head.
Morning tea, breakfast, lunch & evening tea/snacks.
Traveling from Matheran to Neral by public transport (MARUTI OMNI).
Expert guidance for the trek.
1. A pair of good trekking/running shoes,
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs)
4. Camera (Optional), avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory)
6. Insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
7. Extra set of clothes & towel (compulsory)
8. Please carry a set of used newspapers, Maggi, matchbox, torch (Compulsary, AA batteries and chocolates (No lozenges) for energy, Electral / Enerzyl powder, 4-5 lemons, some snacks & biscuits, plate, spoon glass (all reusable & compulsory)
9. Personal medicines, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand)
10. Kindly wear polyester or DriFit type of clothing including trackpants and tshirts or jersey. No cotton clothes please.
(We request you to avoid wearing jeans as it will rub against your skin leading to rashes and a leave on Monday).
Please note that "attending" RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration.
Please register by calling us on below mention numbers.
Please confirm your seat before 22th July, 2016.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 15 registrations only.
For CONFIRMATION of your registration please deposit the trek fee amount in the following account number:
(ONLY CHEQUE OR BANK TRANSFER. NO CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE)
A/c. No.: 0174104000085409,
Call us and confirm and please do carry the Pay-In-Slip as proof of registration.
Do feel free to contact any of us for any queries / clarifications.
Nityanand Naik - 9819818132,
Srikant R.Pillai - 7666905040,
Suhas Sagvekar - 9820257757.