YASHWANTI ADVENTURES , GIRGAON
Trek to HarishchandraGad
Via Tolar Khind
Information about Trek:-
Place: - HarishchandraGad
height: - 4500 Feet Above MSL (Approx)
Grade: - Medium (5-6 Hrs Trek)
District: - Thane,Nagar & Pune.
Region: - Malshej
Base Village: - Khireshwar
Date: - 12th & 13th Dec., 2015. (Leaving on 11th Dec., 2015 night at 10:30 pm)
Cost: - Rs. 1400/- per person.
(Payment should be in advance for Registration Rs. 500/- last date 10th Dec., 2015.)
Bharat Mhadaye: 9773410917
Sagar Shinde: - 8268697725
Gaurav Bhave: 9699814625
(Note – If call not attended, Message or What’s app your details. Name-Place-Age).
Details of Fort:-
Harishchandragad: The fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the medieval period. The Great sage Changdev (one who wrote the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in 14th century. The caves are also from the same period. Harishchandragad was captured by the Marathas in 1747 from the Moguls.
Places to see:-
1) Taramati: This is the topmost point on the fort. It is the second highest peak in Maharashtra after kalsubai. Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad (This will be visited only if time permits.)
2) Konkan Kada: The most interesting point on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and sunset. This cliff is not just vertical; it is an overhang, almost like a cobra's hood.
3) Harishchandreshwar temple: the temple of Lord Shiva.
4) Saptatirth Pushkari: To the east of the temple is a well-built lake called “Saptatirtha”. On its bank are temple-like constructions in which there are idols of Lord Vishnu. Recently these idols have been shifted in the caves near the temple of Harishchandreshwar.
5) Caves on Harishchandragad: These caves are situated all over the fort. Many of these are situated at the foot of Taramati peak & are the place of accommodation. A few are near the temple, whereas some are near the citadel and some far away in the forests.
6) Nageshwar temple near Khireshwar: This is a great antique construction, and diverse artistic works are seen on this. On the ceiling of the temple are beautiful carvings. The main attraction of the carvings here is the 1.5 m long sculpture of Lord Vishnu in the sleeping posture, popularly known as "sheshshayi Vishnu" in Marathi. It is rare and hence holds a lot of importance. There are a lot of legends told about this sculpture. There are caves near the temple.
And many more… Harishchandragad is really undiscoverable within just two days…
The detailed schedule is as follows...
Friday, 11th December, 2015
Assemble at Waman Hari Pethe jewelers, Thakurdwar Naka, Charni road at sharp 10:30 pm .
Pick up point will be Girgaon, Dadar (Near Kohinoor, opp. Naigaon Fire Brigade); for other point coordinate with Leaders.
SATURDAY (12 Dec)
We will reach Khireshwar (Base village) @ 4.00 am and we will have a small nap till 6:00 am.
At 6:00 am, we will have breakfast and start ascends via Tolar Khind.
Reach top @ 12.00 pm.
Explore Harishandreshwar Temple , Pushkarani and surroundings.
Lunch at top cooked by local villagers.
Head towards KokanKada and experience fascinating sunset.
Back to Temple- Dinner.
WE WILL CELEBRATE DEV DIWALI (GODS DIWALI) BY LIGHTENING DIYAS IN THE TEMPLE.
END of the day.
SUNDAY (13 December)
Wakeup call @ 5.45 am.
Ascend towards Taramati Tok @ 6.30 sharp.
At top @ 8.30 am.
Back to the caves @ 11.30.
We will have heavy snacks at top @ 11.30 am.
Reach Khireshwar @ 2.30 PM.
Have a lunch at base village.
We will see Nageshwar Mandir which is on route.
Back to Mumbai up to 9:00 pm (Depends upon traffic.)
FOR CONFIRMATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE DEPOSIT RS. 500/-(NON REFUNDABLE) IN THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNT. (PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR NAME & TREK NAME-MANDATORY)
ACC NAME: GAURAV ANANT BHAVE
ACC NO : 03561050051328
IFS CODE: HDFC0000356
BANK : HDFC BANK
BRANCH : CHARNI ROAD
AFTER TRANSACTION PLZ DO SMS TO GAURAV BHAVE 9699814625.
THINGS TO CARRY-
1. Good footwear (Mandatory).
2. Good Torch with Extra Batteries (Mandatory).
3. Extra pair of cloths, towel, napkin.
4. Water (3 ltr minimum).
5. Cap / Gog / Camera (optional).
6. Insect repellent cream/ sun protection cream (optional).
7. Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the trek) (optional)
8. Personal small medical kit. (If u require usually/Optional)
9. Sleeping Mat or Sleeping Bag for night stay. (Mandatory)
10. Other things as per your choice.
11. Haversack to put all these things.
12. TWO DIYAS AND SUFFICIENT OIL FOR THEM.
(Note:- Do not carry ornaments or any other valuable things.)
Also note that of course we are going to enjoy, but with discipline. No one will leave camp site without permission of trek leader. Trek leader has secured right to change trek schedule if situation so demands. Do not harm nature. Respect the flora and fauna of the fort. Cigarettes and drink will be strictly not allowed if anyone found he will be expelled from trek at that moment only. No refund of fees will be given in case the person is expelled from trek.