Lingana 18°15'12"N 73°30'8"E needs no introduction; this pinnacle fort stands on the border of Pune district overlooking Capital Raigad. One can see the spectacular view of Lingana from Rayling platue near Mohri, Singapur which is nearby. Among the various passes that connects Raigad / Torna to Raigad which still hold its charm are Singapurchi nal and Boratyachi nal. It is the dream of every trekker to trek Boratyachi nal, its rock patch traverse and further scree descend to Lingana machi.
YHAI Malad Unit has organized trek to Boratyachi nal on 4th Nov 2012. The itinerary of the trek is as follows.
3 Nov 2012.
• Start from Mumbai at 10pm by private vehicle
4 Nov 2012
• Reach Singapur 18°15'32"N 73°31'31"E via Pune by 5 am (274km)
• Get fresh and have breakfast, engage local guide
• Proceed to Rayling platue
• Start Boratyachi nal descend 18°15'20"N 73°30'21"E
• Reach Boratyachi nal col (col between Lingana and Rayling) 18°15'16"N 73°30'17"E via rock traverse
• Reach Lingana Machi
• Further descend and reach to Village Pane (Raigad District)
• Proceed to Mumbai by private vehicle (230km)
• Photo stop at Valankond (if time permits)
• Reach Mumbai by 11 pm
Things to Carry
• Lunch for 4th Nov 2012
• Some emergency dry food
• Minimum water 3 liters (no water on the way, if we are lucky we can find one at Lingana machi which is now deserted except one house)
• YHAI ID card, non members pls carry other photo ID card
• Good sack to keep all your belongings
• Sun cap
• Wear full sleeves T shirts and full length trousers to avoid sun burns, insect and throne bites
• Organizers of the event keep right to modify the itinerary in the best interest of YHAI Malad Unit
This trek is graded as Medium difficulty level and previous trekking experience (preferably of ascending or descending sahyadri passes) is must.
Trek Fees – Rs. 800/- approximate.
For registration and more information please contact Madhukar Dhuri 9820320295 or Uday Kalshetty 9029410905