We at Wild Rangers glad to invite you all for tour to Velas, Bankot Fort & Harihareshwar Beach/Temple. Scheduled Date April 07, 2017 to April 9, 2017.
Velas is a village in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. It is noted as a birthplace of Nana Phadnis.He was sachiva- a secretary in Peshawai in Pune. It is also famous for its beaches and turtle festival which is held by the local people of Velas and Sahyadri Nisarg Mitra, Chiploon.
this tour is for experiencing the beauty of Konkan with few hidden spots & yummy Konkani food.
If we have our lucky charm, we might see some hatching of the Turtles... Fingers Crossed...
This was the first residency of the British Raj in Southern Konkan. Although a very beautiful fort dotting the coastline of the Konkan strip, the fort of Himmatgad, now popularly known as Bankot (from the name of nearby village) is not a destination thronged by the tourists. There are couple of reasons attributable to its secluded status. One is that there is very little awareness and historical significance associated with Bankot and other is absence of any major township in the nearby areas contributing to lack of quality accommodation facilities. However, there is no denying that Bankot is a very beautiful fort and surely worth a visit.
One of the finest sea shores in India, Harihareshwar is a nice tourist destination located in the Konkan coast in Maharashtra. Harihareshwar is renowned for its tranquility and picturesque beach. Harihareshwar is also known as Dakshin Kashi by virtue of its importance in the spiritual arena of India, especially with an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Harihareshwar, as the name suggest is an abode of Lord Shiva.
Friday, 7th April, 2017
Gathering at Dadar railway station Near Pritam Hotel at 23.00 Hrs.
The journey begins for Velas.
Saturday, 8th April, 2017
- Early Morning Reach Velas. Refresh yourself with a cup of tea and proceed towards Velas Beach for turtle festival.
- Have Breakfast and proceed to explore Bankot fort and enjoy the scenic view.
- Have Lunch at Velas & rest for some time.
- Evening proceed to Velas beach to enjoy Sunset & have fun there.
- Retire for day followed by Dinner.
Sunday, 9th April, 2017
- Early Morning Wakeup call, Visit Velas Beach again to witness turtle hatching.
- Have Breakfast & proceed to Harihareshwar.
- Visit Harihareshwar Beach & Temple.
- Start our return journey to Mumbai , lunch will be on the way.
Things to be carried:
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
- Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- Good trekking shoes, carry extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
- A haversack to put all these things
- 2 breakfast, 2 Lunch & 1 Dinner
- Entry fees, wherever applicable
- Overnight home stay
- Private travel from Mumbai
- Wild Rangers Expertise
- Anything which is not included.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
Fees Rs. 2400/- Per Person
Includes travel by private transport(From Dadar to Dadar), all breakfast, 3 meals, evening refreshments and accommodation.
Registration & Payment Details
Registration and Payment Details: For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along with alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and transfer payment of INR 2400.00 in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: - Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: - 643801505651
IFSC Code: - ICIC0006438
MICR Code: - 400229080
Branch: - ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
For further information and registrations call: -
Roshan 9028271859 / 8007857825
All our treks and Tours are Eco-friendly; kindly take care of nature around us.
Smoking and Drinking alcohol during trek is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from trek without refund. Respect the Heritage. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins. The Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process. So cannot give guarantee of emerging possibility of turtles on the mentioned dates.
Team Wild Rangers,
GO Wild! GO GREEN!!
WILD RANGERS is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of WILD RANGERS in connection with the WILD RANGERS, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the WILD RANGERS or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
To know about our upcoming events visit our website at :
For event details click on the below link:
Visit our facebook page at
Join Wild Rangers Members Group at
BE A RANGER ! GO WILD !! GO GREEN !!!