Let’s quench the adventure thirst with Wild Rangers this monsoon as we witness “Dudhsagar Waterfalls” the 4th tallest waterfall in India which was pictured in Chennai Express. The four step fall, creating a intense sound of water falling into the valley, the water droplets sailing from the falls to you as you to trek to behold this magnificent beauty. Along with Gokak Waterfall & blessing of Mahalaxmi temple. Don’t miss out this opportunity to get an experience like none other!
The magnificent Dudhsagar Waterfall is perched in the high peaks of the Western Ghats and is a sight to behold especially in the monsoons when it is in full and furious flow. From a distance, the waterfall appears like streams of milk rushing down the mountainside. The exhuberent and spectacular waterfall is located in the Sanguem taluka. Measuring a mighty 600m from head to foot, this waterfall on the Goa-Karnataka border, attracts a steady stream of visitors from the coast into the rugged Western Ghats. After pouring across the Deccan plateau, the headwaters of the Mandovi River form a foaming torrent that splits into three streams to cascade down a near-vertical cliff face into a deep green pool.The Konkani name for the falls, which literally translated means "sea of milk", derives from clouds of milky foam which rises up at the bottom of the falls. Dudhsagar is set amidst breathtaking scenery overlooking a steep, crescent-shaped head of a valley carpeted with pristine tropical forest, that is only accessible on foot or by train.
The Gokak waterfall is located at a distance of 6 km from Gokak on the Ghataprabha River in the Belgaum district. The Ghataprabha River separated from the Malaprabha river by the Belgaum hills flows through the black soil plains before it enters the rocky belt of Gokak. After a long winding course, Ghataprabha River takes a leap of 170 ft over the sandstone cliff. The cliff is in a picturesque gorge of the Gokak valley and is in the shape of a horseshoe. Except the width and color of the water, the general characteristics of the fall, height, shape and speed look a lot like Niagara Falls on a smaller scale. The dull roar of the falls can be heard long before it attained.
There is a hanging bridge across the river, about 201 meters and its height above the bed rock is measuring about 14 meters. Only 30 people are allowed at a time inside the bridge
- Magnificent Dudhsagar waterfall
- Gokak waterfall
- Beautiful & breathtaking scenery along the way
- Mahalaxmi Temple,Kolhapur
- Shahu Palace of Kolhapur
Saturday, 13th Aug 2017
· Gathering at 15:00 Hrs near e-Rail Hotel at Pune Railway Station, Catch Goa Express & start journey to kulem.
Saturday, 14th Aug 2017
- Early Morning at 03:30 Hrs We will reach Dudhsagar railway station after short nap & breakfast we will start our journey to Magnificent Dudhsagar via railway track route. Enjoy the Dudhsagar Waterfalll & Scenery. Start jungle trek to kulem through Mahavir Jungle sanctuary. Get Freshen at Kulem have Lunch & Proceed for Ghatprabha railway station by boarding Goa Express General Boogie.
- Reach Ghatprabha, Have Dinner enroute & Check-in to Gokak Hotels around 23.00 Hrs.
Sunday, 15th Aug 2017
- Morning call,Get Freshen & Breakfast.Move to Gokak Waterfall & hanging Bridge to experience Amazing scenery,Move to Ghatprabha station have our Lunch & Board the Haripriya train General Class to Reach Kolhapur.
- Free Time for all Participants they can take blessing from Mahalaxmi devi & Visiti to Shahu Palace or Visit Rankala Lake. (Own Expense of Participant),Gather At Kolhapur railway Station Have our Dinner & Move to Pune with Mahalaxmi Express whih is schedule at 20:30 Hrs.
Things to be carried: -
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs)
- Good Trekking shoes.
- Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
- Cap, Windcheater
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- A haversack to put all these things
· Sleeper Class Train tickets Pune to Kulem & Kolhapur to Pune
· General Train Tickets from Kulem to Ghatprabha & Ghatprabha to Kolhapur
· Local Transport in Gokak in Private Bus
· All Meals on Day 2 and Day 3
· Stay in Gokak
· Wild Rangers Expertise
· Meal for Day 1
· Any expenses in the Train (Food, snacks etc.)
· Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
· Anything which is not mentioned in inclusion
Trek Fees INR 3500.00 Per Person
Registration & Payment Details:
Registration and Payment Details: For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along with alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and transfer payment of INR 3500.00 in the account details mentioned below.
For Further information & Registration Call :
ROSHAN DALVI :- 9028271859 / 8007857825
MAYYUR PHADALE :- 8080304123
For Online Fund Transfer:
A/C Name:- Mayur Phadale
A/C Number:- 643801505651
IFSC Code:- ICIC0006438
MICR Code:- 400229080
Branch:- ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Cancellation and Refund:
1. If done prior to 5 days of outing 50% will be refunded
2. After that no refund will be provided.
All our events are Eco-friendly; kindly take care of nature around us. Respect the Heritage & do Not Litter. Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins. The Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
WILD RANGERS is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of WILD RANGERS in connection with the WILD RANGERS, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the WILD RANGERS or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
Team Wild Rangers
GO WILD…GO GREEN
To know about our upcoming events visit our website at: www.wildrangers.in
For event details click on the below link:
Visit our Facebook page on https://www.facebook.com/wildrangersindia/?fref=ts
Join Wild Rangers Members Group on https://www.facebook.com/groups/wildrangers/
Be A Ranger ! GO WILD !! GO GREEN !!