It's time to explore the under water life as you Scuba dive /Snorkel into the sea at Malvan -Tarkarli, enjoy the Dolphin Safari and visits to Sindhudurga Fort, Vijaydurga Fort, Kunkeshwar Temple wll give you the ethnic feel. So pack your bags as its time to visit the beaches and sea shores.
LIMITED SEATS… So Hurry Up!!!
Tarkarli is a narrow stretch of beach with pristine waters, located at the convergence of the Karli River and the Arabian Sea. This place has gained prominence because of its transparently clear seas, where on a fairly sunny day, one can see the sea- bed up to a depth of 20 feet. This beach can be rightly called as ‘Queen Beach’ of Sindhudurg. Sea and sand blending in enchanting natural harmony, gracefully cruising boats in calm and cool river waters add to the beauty of this beach.
Malvan is a town in Sindhudurg District, the southernmost district of Maharashtra. This culturally and historically important town is a Taluka place in Sindhudurg District. Malvan taluka consists of villages Aangnechi wadi, Achra, Khalchi Devli, Jamdul, Juva, Pankhol and Sarjekot. Malvan is wellknown for its historical monument, the Sindhudurg fort, which is beautiful and vast in area. Malwani Folk are very hardworking and helpful. The main occupation here is fishing. The staple diet of Malvani people is fish and rice.It is also known for its variety of mangos (Malvani Hapus - Alphonso). Sweets such as Malvani Khaja (Made from Gram - besan flour and coated jaggery) and Malvani Ladoos are famous across the state.A very important part of Malavni culture is a Malvani Dashavtar, a drama-play based on mythological stories. There are many interesting places to visit in Malvan and this can be noticed with the recent increase in forieng visitors to this region.
The name of this fort is given to Sindhudurg district. Tourists from all over the world visit this great sea fort. Sindhudurg was built with the help of huge rocks, which amazes people, and one appreciates the vision and foresight of “Great Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj“.
Kunkeshwar Temple, an ancient Shiva Temple is located in Kunkeshwar village, 14 Kms from Devgad town. A pristine beach with a very long stretch of seashore and white sand adds to the beauty of temple surroundings.
The oldest fort on Sindhudurg coast constructed in the regime of Raja Bhoj of shilahar dynasty in 1205 (construction period 1193-1205). The fort was earlier known as "Gheria" as it is situated in the village "Girye. The earlier fort encompassed area of 5 acres and was surrounded by sea on all the 4 sides. Over the years the eastern trench was reclaimed and the road was constructed theron. Presently the area of fort is about 17 acres and is surrounded by Arabian sea on its three sides. (1 acre= 4840 sq yards).
The Architectural marvel:
1) The 200m long, undersea/underland tunnel from the fort to the Dhulap’s palatial house in the village is man-made. The roof of the tunnel has been pinched to protect it from land-slides and it is also well ventilated. Now the tunnel is partially blocked. Using latest technology if this tunnel is cleared it will be a major tourist attraction and will be of great help for architectural students/history lovers.
2) The fencing compound wall constructed at 8-10 m depth undersea, 300ft from the fort is another architectural wonder. The wall constructed with laterite stones is 122 mtr long, 3 mtr high & 7 mtr in breadth. Majority of attacking ships met their watery grave after colliding on this wall as this wall is not visible above the sea level.
Thursday, 13th April, 2017:
- Gathering at Panvel by 11.30 PM. Begin our journey for Tarkarli.
Friday, 14th April, 2017:
- Reach Tarkarli late morning.
- Post lunch will visit Tarkarli Beach and Devbag beach (Watersports are optional and excluded from the fees)
- Enjoy the sunset and Campfire at the beach
Saturday, 15th April, 2017:
- Early morning we will start for Dolphin Safari.
- Explore the underwater life as you Scuba Dive/ Snorkel.
- Post lunch visit to Sindhudurg Fort.
- Relax evening lie on the white sand Beach @Tarkarli
Sunday, 16th April, 2017:
- Checkout from Resort and leave towards Pune, Mumbai.
- Enroute visit Kunkeshwar Temple and Vijaydurga Fort
- Begin our return journey. We will reach panvel by 7pm (Subjective).
Cost of the tour: INR 8,200.00
- Private Non AC Bus journey from Panvel to Panvel via Pune.
- 2 Nights Stay at Tarkarli – Non AC Sharing basis.
- 5 Meals, Breakfast and refreshments.
- Boat safari
- Surface supply Scuba Diving and Snorkelling charges alongwith underwater Video.
- Entry fees
- Wild Rangers expertise
- Anything not mentioned above
- Day 3 evening snacks, dinner not included
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks throuthout the trip.
- Watersports at Devbaug.
Things to Carry:
A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
Extra Pair of clothes,
extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
For further information and registrations call:-
All our treks and Tours are Eco-friendly; kindly take care of nature around us.Smoking and Drinking alcohol during trek is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from trek without refund. Respect the Heritage. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins. The Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
Team Wild Rangers,
GO Wild! GO GREEN!!
WILD RANGERS is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of WILD RANGERS in connection with the WILD RANGERS, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the WILD RANGERS or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
For event details click on the below link:
Visit our facebook page at
Join Wild Rangers Members Group at
BE A RANGER ! GO WILD !! GO GREEN !!!