We “The Youth Hikers” invite you for an adventurous journey of rappelling through the gigantic waterfall at Kondana caves.
Location: Kondana Cave waterfall
Height: Appx 90 ft
Maximum Participation: 50 participants
Waterfall Rappelling Also technically known as canyoning and canyoneering are more often associated with technical descents those that require rappels (abseils) and rope work, down-climbing.
Short Info: Kondhana Waterfall is situated near Kondhana Caves. Its a waterfall based on the way towards Rajmachi. Height being of 120 ft it gives a thrilling experience to the participants willing to Rappel from here.
The itinerary for the Event is as given below:
Duration: 1 Day
Grade: Medium (Technical)
Cost: Rs.800/- Per Person (Members: Rs.750/- per Person)
Date: 20th July, 2014
Train Time Table
CST: 5.15 am
Byculla: 5.23 am
Kurla: 5.45 am
Ghatkopar: 5.50 am
Thane: 6.11 am
Dombivali: 6.30 am
Kalyan: 6.43 am
Karjat: 7.40 am
08.oo hrs: Move to Base village ( Kondivade )
08.45 hrs: At Kondivade & Breakfast
09.00 – 9.45 hrs: Small trail till waterfall
09.50 hrs: Introduction to waterfall rappelling
09.50 - 16.00 hrs: Waterfall Rappelling
16.00 hrs: proceed to Kondivade village
16.30 hrs: Proceed to Mumbai
Meeting point for Mumbaikars as well as Punekars:
8:00 am: Assemble outside near Karjat Station.
8:30am: Breakfast and after that Introduction round.
9:15 am: Leave for Kondhana Caves by Local transport.
9:40 am: Starting with Waterfall Rappelling after a small briefing round.
4:30 pm: Leave back to Karjat and from there to your respective places.
Transportation from Karjat and back by local transport
Breakfast and evening refreshment
Expertise and guide charges
For Registration mail us on email@example.com
Rs 800/- per head which includes
Travelling Charges from Karjat to Karjat, Breakfast and evening refreshments.
Extra Rapel Rs.500/- and will be permitted only after every person has done with his first chance.
Photos facebook Link:
Monsoon Trail 2013: https://www.facebook.com/umesh.climber/media_set?set=a.281348638716585.100005243531450&type=3
TYH Trek blogs:
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (1.5 ltr).
3. Scarf for Ladies is a MUST while rappelling.
4. Camera (Optional).
5. Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
6. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, mosquito’s cream.
8. A good trekking shoes.
9. And most important: A sense of adventure.
Rules & Regulations
Safety is our prime concern and we don't make compromises for the same.
A Few rules that all participants must follow:
1. Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in trash box.
2. Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms.
3. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals.
4. Do not destroy/ write on archaeological or historical monuments.
5. Chewing Tobacco, Consumption of Cigarette and Alcohol is strictly not being permitted during the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek. No REFUND will be provided.
6. The ‘Leader’s’ decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
7. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
8. In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death, Bike accident or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; The Youth Hikers, it’s instructors, organizers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims (any kind) of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
9. It is of utmost importance that all participants stick together in the group.
10. The Youth Hikers reserves the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice. No arguments or refunds will be entertained.
11. Adventure activity is arranged considering normal weather. In case of occurrence of any natural calamities, if event is cancelled, in such circumstances NO REFUND will be provided.
Team “The Youth Hikers"