Vatsaru's Tour to Velas Turtle Festival Bike Ride & Car Drive on 20th/21st Feb 2016.
How about witnessing the 1st breath of Olive Ridley Turtle on fresh morning of Sunday on seashore...
How about witnessing newly born baby turtle walk... on seashore towards his destiny..
How about wishing baby turtle for his life long journey.. As he come out of his egg...
TURTLE... has more importance in Hindu mythology... And its assumes good to see & pray the Turtle...
Olive ridley sea turtles are named after the olive colored shells that many turtles of this species have.
Here WE "Vatsaru Trekkers Club" are inviting U all for Turtle Festival on 20th/21st Feb 2016.
We have to options:
1. The Riding enthusiastic people can join us by there own Bike. 2 days Bike Riding from Pune to Velas.
2. Private vehicle arranged for other tourist who want to enjoy smooth journey towards Velas.
Turtle Festival at Velas Beach :
The turtle festival is being celebrated since 2006.The Turtle Festival at Velas is annually organized by Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra (SNM) and the Kasav Mitra Mandal in Feb & March. This festival is meant for nature lovers, marine turtle enthusiasts, tourists and people who just want to witness this moment at least once in a lifetime!
Velas is a village in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. It is noted as a birthplace of Nana Phadnis.He was sachiva- a secretary in Peshawai in Pune.
The name Bankot is derived from “Bavanna Kot” a Marathi phrase meaning fifty-two forts. The Great Shivaji Maharaj captured this tiny fort and added it to Swarajya, which was the fifty second fort and hence the name “Ban Kot”. It is a coastal area on the Arabian Sea with attractive beaches.
Dates: 20th-21st Feb 2016
Category : Biking & Tour
Location: Velas (Ratnagiri District).
Group: Vatsaru Trekkers & Traveller Club (Pune).
Things to see:
Olive Ridley Turtle
Nana Fadanavis Home
Things To Remember:
1. Turtles birth is a natural process, so we cannot give guarantee of turtles birth on the mentioned dates. These are the most likely dates.
2. Velas beach has strong RIP currents so we will not allow you to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards.
3. Petrol and Maintenance cost is settled by the bike owner and the person accompanying him/her. In case, of a single rider, the petrol and maintenance charge has to be paid by rider alone.
4. All person need to carry Identity proof (Must), Bike’s Legal Papers, Helmet (Must), (Valid Driver's License, RC Book, Insurance papers and PUC is must) We would check for the license and papers at the start of the ride/drive for every biker/driver, and if any paper is not found in place, the members would not be allowed to ride with us.
5. Over-speeding will not be tolerated as usual, because mishaps cost yours as well as whole group’s time.
Bike Riders Charges: 1100Rs per person.
Travelling from Pune to Pune by Private NON AC BUS.
2 Meals & breakfast. Accommodation Charges. (Dormitory / Home Stay type Accommodation will be provided).
Turtle Festival and Velas Beach Entry Charges.
Safety and first aid.
Meals during travel.
Insurance of any kind.
Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
Fuel & maintenance charges for bike.
Any item not covered under “inclusions”.
20th Feb Saturday Morning 8AM leaving from Pune by private vehicle/ Bike.
21st Feb Sunday Evening 8PM Return to Pune.
Account holder name: Sarang Sali
IDBI Bank account Number: 0007104000703901
Branch: FC Road, Pune
IFSC code: IBKL0000007
One need to deposit 1500Rs before event & remaining on the day of event. Booking on first come first serve basis. Limited seats.
Things to carry:
Lunch for the day(Compulsory).
Good trekking shoes.
Hat, Goggle, Camera, Binoculars
Some ready to eat food/ plum cake/ Biscuit.
Carry at least 2 Lemons, Glucose-D, Odomos & personal medicine if advised by doctor.
A Haversack/Backpack to put all these things.
Avoid wearing gold.
For more details & registration contact:
9730922591, 9921519889, 9371831210
Message/WhatsApp if call is not answered.
For upcoming treks & tour update by Vatsaru visit our FB page:
Last but not least: Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun. Respect nature & have Team attitude to more enjoy the trek. Alcohol & Cigarette smoking is strictly prohibited on the Rides. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the ride. NO REFUND will be provided. All rights reserved to the organizer for any last minute change in plan as per requirement.
Vatsaru Trekkers Club