ONE DAY TREK TO JIVDHAN NANEGHAT
Jivdhan fort originated during the Satvaahan era. Every entry point on the forts built by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj have a 'Kalas' and Lord Ganesh carved on it. height of the fort 3757 Feet from the sea level. The nearby Naneghat (Toll collection booth) was used for commercial purpose by traders to help in easy movements of goods. As this was an important pass joing the seas to the mainland, it was heavily guarded from enemies. The Jivdhan fort stood as an important guard fort to protect the interests of various kingdom. Jivdhan to Naneghat has an open field of 2â€“3 km, which gives any clear indication of enemy approach. The British captured this fort in 1818 and destroyed all approaches. This fort was captured by Col. Prother of the East India company and later destroyed.
Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra, India. The pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar. This was the most important trade route, as it connected harbour of Sopara and Kalyan directly to Junnar and Paithan. The name nane means â€œcoinâ€� and ghat means â€œpassâ€�.The name is given because this path was used as a tollbooth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills.
Information about Trek:
Places : Jivdhan Naneghat
Date : 11th Dec. (Leaving Saturday 10th Dec Night)
Time : 10.30PM
Meeting Point : Omkareshwar Temple, Pune.
Category: One Day Trek
Duration: 1 day
Group: Vatsaru Trekkers & Traveller Club.
Grade : Medium
Things To Bring :
1. A Haversack/Backpack
2. Good trekking shoes (Compulsory)
3. Water bottle 2 litters (Compulsory).
4. Extra cloths & socks. Chapple.
5. Hat, Goggle, Camera, Binoculars
6. Some ready to eat food/cake/Biscuit.
7. At least 2 Lemons, Glucose-D, Odomos & personal medicine
8. Identity proof (Must)
8. Head Torch/Torch with extra battery
Monsoon Trek :Raincoat/poncho
1. Pack your bags with polythene to protect from water
Winter Trek : jacket/Thermal inner
Camping & Stay Trek
1. Sleeping materials (Sleeping bag, Sleeping mat/ Sataranji/Chader)
2. Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturizer, small soap, toilet paper, wet tissue)
3. Repair kit (needle & thread)
4. Cutlery: Carry a plate, spoon, coffee mug & a lunch box.
And Main Thing Trekking Attitude......!!!!
₹ 800/- Per Person
1. Private vehicle transport(Non AC) from Pune to Pune.
2. BreakFast/Tea. Lunch
3. Expertise charges & first aid.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
3. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Price
For confirmation please reply here or do contact on
Sarang Sali - 9730922591 , 9371831210
Vivek Ranade (Mama) - 9823004667
Rupesh Dahibhate - 9921519889
For upcoming treks & tour update by Vatsaru visit our FB page:
Last but not least: Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun. Respect nature & have Team attitude to more enjoy the trek.
All rights reserved to the organizer for any last minute change in plan as per requirement.