Little info about the fort
Type: Geology-History-Culture-Nature Exploration
Date: 23rd Ngt Oct to 25th Oct 15
Duration: 2 N / 2 D.
Range: Buldana District, Aurangabad
Base Village : Lonar
Lonar Lake lies within the only known extraterrestrial impact crater found within the great Deccan Traps basaltic formation of India.The lake was initially believed to be of volcanic origin, but now it is recognized as an impact crater created by the hypervelocity impact of either a comet or a meteorite.
India’s Lonar Crater began causing confusion soon after it was identified in 1823 by a British officer named C.J.E. Alexander. Lonar Crater sits inside the Deccan Plateau—a massive plain of volcanic basalt rock leftover from eruptions some 65 million years ago. Its location in this basalt field suggested to some geologists that it was a volcanic crater. Today, however, Lonar Crater is understood to result from a meteorite impact that occurred between 35,000 and 50,000 years ago.
The Advanced Space borne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER)flying on NASA’s Terra satellite acquired this image of Lonar Crater on November 29, 2004. In this simulated-true-color image, pink-beige indicates bare ground, blue and off-white indicate human-made structures, dark blue indicates water, green indicates vegetation, and dull purple indicates fallow fields. A vegetation-lined lake fills the crater, one of the few natural features of this scene. Signs of human habitation surround the lake, especially the cluster of blue and off-white points to its immediate northeast. Outside of this settlement, the vicinity is a patchwork of agricultural fields.
Lonar Crater is approximately 150 meters (500 feet) deep, with an average diameter of almost 1,830 meters (6,000 feet). The crater rim rises roughly 20 meters (65 feet) above the surrounding land surface. Scientists established Lonar’s status as an impact crater based on several lines of evidence, perhaps the most compelling being the presence of maskelynite. Maskelynite is a kind of naturally occurring glass that is only formed by extremely high-velocity impacts. A Science article published in 1973 pointed out this material’s presence, and suggested that the crater’s situation in volcanic basalt made it a good analogue for impact craters on the surface of the Moon.
Daityasudan Temple: The walls and pillars of the temple are full of elaborate and detailed carvings from Indian Mythology.
Sindkhedraja: Sindkhed Raja is famous for the birth place of Jijabai (Shivaji Maharaj's mother). This was the place where Raja Lakhuji Jadhav (Jijabai's father) ruled and lived.
What to see !
- Lonar Crater
- Daityasudan Temple (Vishnu Temple) – Built in Hemadpanthi Style
- Gomukh Temple– Having a Perennial Stream.
- Sindkhedraja - the birthplace of Rajmata Jijai Bhosale
Tour Cost : Rs. 3000/-
Registered member Cost: Rs. 2900/-
To become VRangers Registered Member:CLICK HERE
The cost for the trek includes:
- Jalna to Jalna transfers by Public vehicle
- All Veg Meals (i.e. 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch and 1 Dinner)
- A popular book on LONAR CRATER by Mr. Bugdane (Reseacher and Authour)
- Guide & Expertise Charges.
The tentative itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
Day -0: Friday Ngt (23rd Oct 15)
Night Departure from Mumbai to Jalna by Devgiri express on Friday night at 9.05 pm (CST timing)
Day-1: Saturday (24th Oct 15)
- Early Morning 5 am reach Jalna railway station.
- After quick tea session and Introduction,
- Move towards Lonar by Public transport & check in hotel.
- With B/F & T will have Briefing session about the greatness of Lonar crater by famous researcher and author Mr. Bugdane.
- Post lunch by 2:00 pm & will have some rest. Explore surrounding & start with the legendary Parikrama trek to Asia’s largest crater.
- Enjoy the combination of shining sun rays, blue-green water, lush greenery around lake and the hide n seek of clouds in the sky. Finish Parikrama in about 4 Hrs.
- Evening refreshment & discussion session.
- Explore the nearby temples and cultural heritage of Lonar.Dinner and Lights off for a tight sleep.
Day-2: Sunday (25th Oct 2015)
- After tea, check out and leave from Lonar by 7am, Travel by Private Tum Tum to Reach Sindkhedraja and have breakfast.
- Visit Sindkhedraja Samadhi, the birthplace of Rajmata Jijai Bhosale, mother of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and reach Jalna by 12 pm.
- Lunch at Jalna / train as time permits.
- Board Tapovan Express at 01.23 pm from Jalna and reach Mumbai by 21:50pm (CST timing).
- Tour concludes with lots of memories and new friends.
- Charges for up-gradation to Twin sharing accommodation
- Train ticket charges (Mumbai – Jalna and Return)
- 23rd Oct - 17057 Devagiri Exp – Apx 212 available as per 18th Aug
- 25th Oct – 17618 Tapovan Exp – Apx 638 available as per 18th Aug.
- Friday and Sunday Dinner Charges
- Insurance and any Medical coverage Or Anything other than mention above.
Note: Book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train tickets.
To Confirm your registration please deposit Rs. 2500/-(non Refundable) in the following.(Please specifyyour name or those who transfer on behalf of you & trek/Activity/Tour name-mandatory in SMS).
Please click here on Account Details
After transaction plz do sms to Ananda Govekar 98922 19155.
Things To Be carried:
- Some ready to eat food like Plum cakes,snacks, Biscuits, Dry Fruits etc.
- A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs) Compulsory
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of flotters.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried....so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- TORCH with extra batteries
Non compulsory items:
Cap, Sunglasses, Sun screen, Camera , Electoral / Energy powder,
(It’s totally self responsibility to take care of your things.)
VRangers Rules & Regulation: http://vrangers.com/rules-a-regulation
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Ranger”
Ananda 98922 19155.
If call not received then please sms your name,event name & mail so we will be get back to you.