Get Ready for VRangers Himalaya trek to Stok Kangri........
Stok Kangri is the highest mountain in the Stok Range of the Himalayas in the Ladakh region of northwest India. The peak is located in Hemis National Park, 12 km southwest of the village Stok and 24 km southwest of the Ladakhi capital of Leh. The adventure filled expedition travels through remote valleys, scattered high villages and past hilltop monasteries to the base of the mountain.
Trek: Himalaya Stok Kangri Trek.
Trek Date: 13th Aug 2016 to 19th Aug 2016 Return journey on 20th Aug.
Trek Duration: 07D / 06N.
Max Altitude: 20,182 Ft.
Approx. Trekking Km: 40 kms.
Best time to visit: July and August.
Last Day to Register : 15th May 2016.
The best part of Stok Kangri trek is that you can reach to its basecamp in just 2-3 days of trekking while in any other part of Himalayas it takes around at least 4-5 days of trekking to reach to the base camp of such high altitude peak. Stok Kangri Trek gives you an opportunity to reach this altitude without the technical expertise in mountaineering. Many mountains in Ladakh exceed an altitude of 6000 meters. Stok Kangri Trek gained considerable popularity along side its sister peak Golep Kangri. Stok Kangri is been declared as a trekking peak by Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) which means less paper work.
Day 1 :- Arrive at Leh.
Day 2 :- Leh (Acclimatization day).
Day 3 :- Leh to Chang Ma via Stok Village.
Day 4 :- Chang Ma (13087 ft.) to Mankorma (14200 ft.).
Day 5 :- Mankorma (14200 ft.) to Base camp (16300 ft.) & rest.
Day 6 :- Base camp to Stok Kangri and back to base camp.
Day 7 :- Base Camp to Leh.
Day 8 :- Departure From Leh.
Registered Member Trek Cost: Rs.16800/-
Non-Registered Member Trek Cost: Rs.17000/-
1. Accommodation. (Camping) from 13th aug to 19th Aug and Leh guest house
2. Meals while on trek (14th to 18th Aug)
3. Trek equipments (Tents, Sleeping Bag, Crampon & Ice axe).
4. IMF Permits
5. First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
7. Transport from Leh to Road head and return.
1. Food / Meal in Leh.
2. Any kind of personal expenses.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head price Includes like train/flight expenses.
To Confirm your registration please deposit Rs. 16800 /- (non Refundable) in the following.(Please specify your name or those who transfer on behalf of you & trek/Activity/Tour name-mandatory in SMS).
Acc Name: Ananda Shivaji Govekar
Acc No : 00000032353269021
IFS Code: SBIN0000562
MICR Code: 400002007
Bank : SBI Bank
Branch : Bhandup (W)
After transaction please sms transaction no to us.
Detailed itinerary: Will be provide on website
Things to carry :
1. Back pack (60 ltr -70ltr)- with comfortable shoulder straps, frame, and back pack cover (line the bag with polythene).
2. Waterproof Trekking shoes –Mandatory high ankle with good grips, (Recommended Quechua).
3. 2 synthetic /waterproof Track Pants (Do not bring shorts, tight jeans, Capris.)
4. T-shirts - 3 full sleeve.
5. 1 Fleece jacket will be a good idea; a woollen sweater would be an alternative.
6. 1 Wind proof jacket.
7. 1 Heavy jacket.
8. Thermal Inners.
9. 2 pairs cotton socks and 2 pairs woollen socks.
10. 2 pair water proof hand gloves.
11. Sun protection cream.
12. Woollen cap/ Balaclava.
13. Sun Cap.
14. Sun glasses – Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected. People who wear spectacles-
(A)- Use contact lenses.
(B)- Photo chromatic glasses.
15. Head Torch with extra batteries.
16. 2 Water bottle- one litre each.
17. Lip Balm/ cold cream.
18. Toilet kit/ toilet Paper / wipes.
19. Quick dry Towel- It should be light / thin.
20. Personal Medical Kit.
21. Walking Stick – Mandatory (At least one).
Before registering please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”,
Mayur : 9920483492
Sudhir : 9167 546 547.
If call not received then please sms your name,event name & mail so we will be get back to you.
Join Us On