Introduction, Geography & History of Fort:
Type: Hill Fort
Height: Approx. 1900 ft above MSL
Base Village: Tandulwadi - Saphale,
Tandulwadi fort lies 5 k.m. east of Saphale Railway Station and is good for one day
outing. One can get a good view of Vaitarna and Surya river. The route is very steep
and goes over some rocky portions. On the top there are many water tanks, a monsoon
lake and remains of settlements. The fort was mainly used as a watch tower in ancient
Itenary of the trek is as follows:
Meeting Point & time
07.30 AM @ Saphale Railway Station.
Catch 05.25 AM Down Virar Fast Local at the convenient station. Timings are
Churchgate 05.32 AM
Mumbai Central 05.42 AM
Dadar 05.49 AM
Andhei 06.03 AM
Borivali 06.17 AM
Virar 06.54 AM
Or any Dahanu Local which will drop you at Saphale by 07.30 AM
After alighting at Virar, board Dombivali – Boaisar Shuttle at Virar platform No.3
07.04 AM, which will drop you at Saphale by 07.24 AM
Kalyan- Dombivali trekkers may catch 1682 Down Dombivali – Boisar passanger at :
Dombivali 05.43 AM
Kopar 05.45 AM
Virar 07.04 AM
Saphale 07.24 AM
Please take a return ticket till Saphale
07.30 AM Breakfast at Saphale
08.15 AM Move to Base Village by local transport
09.00 AM Introduction, Start Ascending
12.00 PM Atop, Fort exploration, Lunch Rest for 2 hours
02.00 PM Start descending
04.30 PM Base Village
05.30 PM Return Back to Saphale, Refreshment
08.00 PM Reach Mumbai (Subjective)
Group Size: Max.30
Contribution: Rs. 400/-
1. Transport from Saphale to Saphale by local transport
2. Morning & Evening Tea breakfast.
1. Rail ticket.
2. Lunch, Cold drinks, mineral water, etc.
3. Anything not mentioned herein.
Things to carry:
1) Lunch of the day
2) Some ready to eat food, dry snacks, biscuits, cakes, etc.
3) Water bottle min.2 Ltrs
4) Return ticket of Saphale
5) Extra pair of cloths.
6) Personal medicines (if reqd.).
7) A haversack to put in all the things to be carried.
1) Registration through phone calls only
2) Avoid wearing gold ornaments and valuables.
3) We all are going for an historic, adventurous and interesting trekking
expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE
4) Do’s & Don’ts will be explained during the introduction session. All are
TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of
bound by the same.
Mr. Kumar Gaudse: 9870577761 / 9930252241
Join us @ Facbook: