Brief Introduction & Summary:
Distance to be covered: 70km approx.
Difficulty level: Medium
Endurance level: High - Previous trekking experience required.
Maximum participants: 10 -12 only
Lonavala to Bhimashankar is known to be one of the ancient trek routes in the Sahyadri ranges. This old route shall put your endurance level to test. This a life changing experience, and worth every effort that you put in every stride. Hills and downhill, plateaus and long vast plateaus, dense forest of Karvi plants, ever-changing route, breath taking beauty. One of the most amazing trekking experiences we must say.
Itenary of the trek is as follows:
Day 1, 13th August 2016, Saturday :
Meet at Lonavala station by 08:00 am. Here, enjoy the small introduction session along with breakfast. Start the trek from station. Reach Valwand village. Reach there by 14:00 (approx). After having lunch at this beautiful small village we’ll proceed towards our next halt that is Kondeshwar village. A typical small village surrounded by scenic mountains, Overnight at Kondeshwar village.
Day 2, 14th August, Sunday:
Wake up early by natural alarm. Again breakfast made by local villagers. And start our trek towards beautiful Kusur plateau. Smaller version of kaas at some place. If lucky, we might get a chance to see any wildlife here. The huge plateau with awesome greenery and windy sometimes. We’ll reach Kusur village by lunch time. Have lunch at Kusur village. Transport to Talape village. Start trekking from Talape village approximately 3 hours trek to Padharwadi village via famous ‘Vandre Khind’ which is a rest of day village. This village is at core of Sahyadri. Overnight stay at Padharwadi.
Day 3, 15th August, Monday:
The final Day. Today we’ll reach out final destination to the Bhimashankar. We will start our trek early morning so that we can complete as early as possible. After breakfast, start trek from Padharwadi. After crossing huge plateau reach at final point at Bhimashankar. Here, after having lunch and celebrating the joy of achievement start a return journey to Khandas village. We will descend by Ganesh Ghat. Here we will have tea and start our journey towards Karjat station by local transport. Trek conclude with lot of sense of achievement and off course happy memories
Meeting Point & time
Meet 14th August 2016 at Lonavla Railway Station by 08.00 AM
Mumbai participants can catch 22105 Mumbai Pune Indrayani Express and alight at Lonavla Railway Station.
Pune Participants can catch 06.30 AM Pune Lonavla local and meet at Lonavla railway station.
Ø Group Size: Max.15
Ø Contribution: Rs. 1500/-
1. Transportation from Khandas to Karjat
2. All meals during the trek.
3. Accommodation at villager’s home
4. Guidance and Expertise Charges.
1. Medical aid other than first aid.
2. Anything else other than mentioned above.
One needs to transfer / NEFT Rs 1000/- as advance at the time of booking.
Name: Kumar Suresh Gaudse
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Account No: 33855096614
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Branch: Dombivali (West)
IFSC code: SBIN0005165
(Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID, Cell Number)
Ø Things to carry:
1) Some ready to eat food, dry snacks, biscuits, cakes, etc.
2) Good quality shoes, chappals during relax time.
3) Water bottle min.2 Ltrs.
4) Sleeping mat/bag, shawl, etc.
5) Plate, spoon, bowl, cup, etc.
6) Extra pair of cloths.
7) Personal medicines (if reqd.).
8) A haversack to put in all the things to be carried.
Ø Special Notes:
1) Registration through phone calls only
2) Avoid wearing gold ornaments and valuables.
3) We all are going for an historic, adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
4) Do’s & Don’ts will be explained during the introduction session. All are bound by the same.
Mr. Kumar Gaudse: 9870577761 / 9930252241
Mr. Santosh Kanse: 9833660650
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us @ Face book group:
Facebook page @