Treks and Trails India: Explore Sandhan Valley (leaving Friday night)
Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Contribution: Rs 1800 /-
Assembly: Kasara railway station
Duration: 2 days and 2 nights
Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Friday. Train timing as below:
Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
Board local train till Kasara.
Day: 1 - Saturday
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
05:30 Reach base village by local transport
07:00 Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Evening tea & snacks.
20:30 Dinner & night stay under open sky.
Day: 2 - Sunday
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast
08:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
12:30 Reach Dehne village.
14:30 Start travel from Asangaon to Kalyan.
16:30 Disperse at Kalyan railway station.
Buy Ticket here : http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/event-timer/305-explore-sandhan-valley-trek
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1800.00 per person in the given a/c
- State Bank of India
- Account No: 32248535175
- Rajesh Mhaddalkar
- Account: Savings
- IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org withTransaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email or whatsapp
- Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
- Sarfaraz 9619095743
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
- Transportation from Kasara – Sandhan Valley – Dehne – Asangaon by local Transport
- Day 1 - 1 veg breakfast, evening tea, and 1 veg dinner.
- Day 2 – 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch.
- Equipment, expertise, guide charges and TreksandTrails charges if any.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered etc
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to Carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water 3 liters.
- One extra pair of clothes, sweater.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional) - Get Dry Bag
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Sleeping bag, carry matt. ( Tent and Sleeping bag available on rent )
- Personal medicines. Sweaters if required.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Wear good trekking shoes
- Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
- Torch with extra batteries - Compulsory
- Bed sheets; please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Personal Medicine and First Aid
Buy Tickets Here: http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/event-timer/305-explore-sandhan-valley-trek#how-to-register
Treks and Trails India Event rules for this trek
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Playing Loud Music not allowed
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the event without prior notice.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please avoid wearing gold and other jewellery (at own risk).
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Wear good trekking shoes. Take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms