Trekking Spiders: One day monsoon Trek to Dukes nose (Nagphani) near Lonavala on 7th August Sunday
Nagphani also known as Duke’s Nose after Duke Wellington, is a cliff at Khandala near Lonavala. The Cliff is pointed like a snakes pointed head portion (hood) and hence the name Nagphani (Nag means snake and phani means hood). The name Dukes’nose is derived as the cliff looked like the shape of the Duke. This is a marvelous picnic spot nearby Lonavala.
Meeting point: Meeting at Lonavala Railway station @ 9.00 AM,
Meeting at Lonavala Railway station @9.00 AM,
9:15 AM: Travel to base village Kurvande by passenger vehicles.
10:00 AM: Reach Kurvande Village and have breakfast.
10:30 AM: Trek starts.
12.30 PM: Reach the top. Explore the hilltop and rest. Approx. 2 hours.
2.30 PM: Start descend.
4.00 PM: Reach the base village and have lunch.
5.00 PM: Move to Lonavala by passenger vehicles. Trek ends.
Cost includes: Travel from Lonavala to base village and back, breakfast, tea and expertise charges.
- Travel to and from Lonavala to base village.
- Breakfast and tea
- Expertise charge
- Any other charges not mentioned in ‘inclusions’
Things to carry:
- Min 2 liter water
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Towel / Napkin
- Plastic bags to protect mobile, wallet etc from rains.
- Rain protective gear
- Caps / Hats / Sunglasses (optional)
- A good backpack to accommodate the above.
- Glucone d powder, snacks,biscuits
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Trekking Spiders reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
For further inquiries and registration plz contact:
For registration please fill up this online form:
Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.