Thrilling Two day Trek to Mystic Bhimashankar via Ladder Route on 17th & 18th September 2016.
Please fill your details by clicking on the below link:
For Registrations Call:
Please book yourself with full advance payment of Rs. 1300/- per head (Non-refundable). Seats will be allotted on payment basis.
Trek to Bhimashankar is known to be one of the best treks in Sahyadri ranges and this time we will be ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) & descending via Ganesh ghat to make it more interesting.
• Bhimashankar is one of the 12 Jyotirlings of India, a pilgrimage place approximately 3500 feet high up in the hills. The area around Bhimashankar is covered with thick dense jungle.
• The Maharashtra Government has also declared it a Wildlife Sanctuary.The sanctuary is small (only about 100 sq. km’s), but it is home to a wide variety of animals Leopard, Sambar,Barking deer, Porcupines, Grey Junglefowls, Wild pig, Hanuman langur, Rhesus macaque and Flying Squirrel etc. The sanctuary is famous as the home of a highly endangered subspecies of the Indian Giant Squirrel – Shekharu (Ratufa indica elphistoni), which is also the state animal of Maharashtra.
• Shiva Temple: The temple of Bhimashankar is around 1200 – 1400 years old and is built on the Hemad Panthi style. There are very beautiful sculptures and paintings on the roof and pillars of the temple. At the front of the temple hangs a huge metal bell cast in 1729. There is also a 15-20 feet high “Deepmala” or lamppost in the outer corridor of the temple. There is also an inscription on stone on this lamppost. It is to be noted that the original name of the river Chandrabhaga at Pandharpur is Bhima. This Bhima River originates at Bhimashankar.
• Gupt Bhimashankar : There is a water stream route going down from the left of the Ram temple. Taking that route, we enter a thick jungle. We reach a temple around 25 minutes through this route. A route going toward the waterfall, left of this temple, leads to the “water sculpted” “Shiva Linga” under this waterfall. This is called the Gupt Bhimashankar. There is a huge waterfall at this place.
Highlights of the trek
• Visit to Bhimashankar temple (one of 12 Jyotirlingas)
• Visit to Gupt Bhimashankar(Secret origin of Lord Shiva in dense forest)
• Exploring wildlife of Bhimashankar wildlife sanctuary
• Visit to Naghfani pinnacle
• Ascend via Ladder route and descend via Ganesh Khind
Height:3500 Feet above MSL
Grade:Medium (5 hrs trek)
Endurance: High (Beginners Not Allowed For This Trek)
Trek Leader: Kunal | Omkar | Tanvee | Rishi
For Pune People
Meet us at Karjat Station by 8 am on 17th Sept 2016.
For Mumbai People
Day 1 : Saturday, 17th Sept 2016
6:10 am: Starting with the karjat fast local
KARJAT FAST Local
Mumbai CST 6:10 am
Byculla 6:18 am
Dadar 6:24 am
Kurla 6:31 am
Ghatkopar 6:35 am
Thane 6:50 am
Dombivili 7:02 am
Kalyan 7:10 am
Karjat 8:00 am
8:15 am: Travel by auto/tumtum to Khandas base village
9:30 am: Breakfast
10:30 am: Start Trek via Ladder route, Lunch enroute
4:00 pm: Reach Top
4:30 pm: Visit Gupt Bhimashankar, Dinner & Stay
Day 2: Sunday, 18th Sept 2016,
8:00 am: Breakfast.
9:00 am: Visit lord Shiva’s temple.
10: 00 am: Start Descend by Ganesh Ghat.
3:00 PM: Reach Base Village Khandas.
3:00 PM: Lunch at Khandas.
6:00 PM: Reach Karjat by public transport.
9:00 PM: Reach Mumbai (approx.)
Charges – Rs 1300/- per head, which includes
• Travelling from Karjat till Karjat
• Overnight stay
• Saturday Morning Breakfast
• Evening Refreshment
• Sunday Morning Breakfast
• Lunch & Expertise
• People can board the same train according to their convenience
• Get into second boggy from CST side
• People are requested to buy Karjat Return ticket on their own
Bank Name : SBI Bank
Account No :00000034430294703
Account Type : Savings Account
Name: OMKAR VILAS PRABHUDESAI
Branch : Dombivli East
IFSC code : SBIN0007124
Things To Carry
• Identity proof
• Torch (IMP)
• Lunch for a Saturday (Must)
• Sleeping Bag / Bedding
• Water (2 Ltrs)
• Ready to eat food
• Personal Medicines those if any
• Good trekking shoes
• A haversack to put in all the things
Do not carry Jholas, please avoid wearing Jewelry
• No Smoking, tobacco and alcohol
• No littering
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
• Please understand this ain’t a picnic, all Trekking and Adventure activities demand fitness.
• We request you to get a medical fitness check done before you participate in any such events.
• If suffering from any allergy carry proper medications and inform your trek leaders about it.
• Also make sure you have a sufficient supply of medication for your trip, building in an allowance for any travel delay.
• Those with Active Chest and Heart diseases that limit physical activity should not go to high altitudes.
Trekking Paradise Team