Trekking Paradise One Day Trek to Peb (Vikatgad) on 11th June 2017, Sunday
Please fill your details by clicking on the below link:
Note: Registrations will be done through phone calls only
Please book yourself with full advance payment of Rs. 400/- per head (Non-refundable).Seats will be allotted on payment basis
Some Information about the Fort:
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2100 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Neral
Trek Leader: Adithya | Akash
Peb fort derives its name from the Goddess 'Pebi'. It is also called Vikatgad because its pinnacle is supposedly in the shape of the Elephant headed god - Ganesha.
The fort lies in the Matheran range itself and is adjacent to Matheran. It is an amazing trek with the small rock patch and a ladder.
The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or 'Padukas' worn by the great saint kept on the top. The view of the entire Neral and Karjat region from the top is worth the climb. Another attraction of the trek is the only standing Bastion or Buruj facing the Panorama point of Matheran, the view from here is just too beautiful to describe.
The tentative itinerary for the Event is as given below:
Meeting Point: 7:45 am @ Neral Station
Sunday, 11th June 2017:
We will be starting with the Karjat FAST Local (time-table given below)
CST-Karjat fast Local Train Timing-
CST : 6:10 AM
Byculla : 6:18 AM
Dadar : 6:24 AM
Kurla : 6:31 AM
Ghatkopar : 6:35 AM
Thane : 6:50 AM
Dombivali : 7:02 AM
Kalyan : 7:10 AM
Neral : 7:44 AM
(Please make sure you reach 15 mins early to your respected boarding station, as there might be long
queues for the tickets).
****Missing the train means missing the event
8:00 AM - Breakfast, tea at Neral
9:00 am - Start trek at around Reach vikatgad in 3-4 hrs
1:00 PM - Rest in cave, Have lunch, explore the fort
2.30 PM - Proceed to Dasturi point
4.30 PM - Take Taxi till Neral station.
5:00 PM - Reach Neral station and have snacks
Start our return journey and reach Mumbai by 8 PM (tentatively)
• People may board the same train from the station of their convenience and meet us at Neral station directly
• Get into second last boggy of the train
• People are requested to buy Karjat Return ticket on their own
Charges - Rs 400/- per head, which includes
Travelling from Neral to base village,
Breakfast & Tea,
Travelling by taxi to Neral,
Trekking Paradise Expertise Charges
To pay Please click this link
Things to be carried:
• Lunch for Sunday.
• Identity proof.
• A bottle of water (At least 2-3 Ltrs).
• Some ready to eat food like Plum Cakes, Biscuits, etc.
• Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
• Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
• Good trekking shoes, Windcheaters, Odomos
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried.
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
There are chances of rains, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
• No Smoking, tobacco and alcohol
• No littering
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
• Please understand this ain’t a picnic, all Trekking and Adventure activities demand fitness.
• We request you to get a medical fitness check done before you participate in any such events.
• If suffering from any allergy carry proper medications and inform your trek leaders about it.
• Also make sure you have a sufficient supply of medication for your trip, building in an allowance for any travel delay.
• Those with Active Chest and Heart diseases that limit physical activity should not go to high altitudes.
Trekking Paradise Team