Kedarkantha trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to see the scenic beauty and experience the life of remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas. Kedarkantha Trek lies in the Govind Wild life Sanctuary and National Park in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The drive to Sankri (From where the Kedarkantha trek starts) is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas through Mussoorie, Barkot, Purola, Mori, Netwar, Motwat along the Tons River Kedarkantha trek is one the easiest treks in the Himalayas to enjoy thick snow cover. The Kedarkantha trek campsite is great for birding and surrounded by beautiful snow peaks.
Day 0: Departure from Mumbai
• Board Duronto from Mumbai at 2320hrs
•Day 1: Reach Delhi @ 1630hrs and catch train for Dehradun
• Day 2: Reach Dehradun & leave for Sankri
DAY 3: Arrival Day (Base Camp: Sankri)
• Arrive at Sankri by our own or a Pickup Vehicle is arranged from Dehradun near Railway Station.
• Expected arrival at time to Sankri is by 5:00PM
• The stay would be in Swargarohini Hotel which is included in trek cost along with food at night.
Day 4: Sankri to Juda Ka Talab
• It takes about 4-5 hours to reach Juda ka Talaab, covering 4 km, with an altitude gain of 2700 feet.
• Start your trek out of the village, into a pine forest and climb to the top of a ridge.
• Look out for langoors, wild boars, and hares on your way up.
• The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, a few streams and finally opens out to a beautiful clearing – Juda ka talaab.
• Camp here for the night.
Day 5: Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base
• Most of today’s trail is on a ridge, under oak trees.
• The trek covers 4 km, with an altitude gain of 2150 feet in 4 hours.
• Once you reach the Kedarkantha base, look out for white peaks that stretch from your left to right forming a wide arc.
• Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others.
• Kedakantha base offers one of the best views of the night sky.
• Camp overnight under a blanket of stars, with shooting stars making streaks across the sky wishing you goodnight.
Day 6: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak; descend to Hargaon camp
• Make sure you wake up early to view the beautiful sunrise from your campsite.
• The trail to the summit is straight forward through a small patch of oak trees.
• The summit is a five minute climb from the shrine. It is marked by a cairn with a Trishul that points to the sky.
• Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch.
• Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon.
• Reach Hargaon by evening and camp for the night.
Day 7: Hargaon camp to Sankri
• Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests, until you reach an apple orchard.
• The trail down to Hargoaon passes through a series of switch backs, farms, and a ridge.
• It is one of the most beautiful descending trails that Himalayas has to offer.
• After trekking for 6 km you will reach Sankri. It will take you about 4 hours.
Day 8: Departure day (Sankri to Dehradun)
• It takes 10-11 hours from Sankri to Dehradun.
Day 9: Dehradun to New Delhi and New Delhi to Mumbai by train
Day 10: Reach Mumbai in Morning.
Cost of the Trek: ₹18000/- (Mumbai to Mumbai)
Cost of the Trek: ₹14000/- (Delhi to Delhi)
Advance: ₹6000/- (Non refundable)
Please contact Swapnil-9769345484 for futhur details