Type : Hill Fort
Fort Range : Malshej
District : Ahmednagar
Height above sea level : 4510 ft.
Base village : Khireshwar
Harishchandragad Fort is famous for its height, its toughness and the famous 'Konkan Kada' 1800 ft. Harishchandra Temple is known to be the pride of the fort. Sant Changdev stayed here for some time and completed his manuscript - 'Tatwasaar'. The Nandi and Shivling in the temple are breathtaking.Harishchandragad Fort is situated in Junnar region near Malshej Ghat. Rohidas, Taramati and Harishchandra are the three peaks in Harishchandragad. Many peaks, fort and other beautiful places such as Malshej Ghat, Jivdhan, Nane Ghat, Ratangad, Kalsubai, etc. can also be seen from here.
Sightseeing : To the east of the temple is a well-built lake called "Saptatirtha". On its bank are temple-like constructions in which there are idols of Lord Vishnu. Going rightwards of Harishchandreshwar temple,we come across a huge cave of Kedareshwar, in which there is a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water. Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff) most interesting point on this fort is this cliff. Caves onHarishchandragad are situated all over the fort. Many of these are situated at the foot of Taramati peak & are the place of accommodation. Nageshwar temple near Khireshwar is a great antique construction, and diverse artistic works are seen on this.
11.00 am : Pick up at Dadar
3.00 pm: Reach Base Village of Harishchandragad Khireshwar [Taking Rest at Khireshwar](Lunch enroute)
4.00 pm: start climb
8. 00 pm: Reach top
11.00 pm: post lunch go to sleep
6.30 am: visit Kokankada exploration
07.15 am: Back to cave
8.00 am : Start decend
11.00 am-12.00 pm : Reach base
12.00 pm-1.00 pm Lunch
4.00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Last date of confirmation 16th Dec 2015
Batch size of 25 only
Things To be Carried Along with:
● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one hands free while walking.
● Towel/Napkins,Extra 2 pair of clothes.
● Good footwear with grip(preferably Shoes)
● Torch (MUST).
● Some ready to eat food.
● Water bottle 2 Liters.
● Lunch and for Saturday. (MUST)
● Plate, spoon, Mug. (MUST)
● Polythene bag for your garbage. (No plastic littering on the way or in mountains)
● Medicine those if u require usually.
● Glucose, electrol etc.
● 2-3 bunch of News-papers.
● bedding material/Sleeping bag/Sleeping mat/Warm clothes(Nights there will be chilled).
* Drinking alcohol and smoking strictly not allowed.
* Please avoid wearing jeans which could trouble you while climbing, Prefer track pants.
* We do take utmost care of every member of the group during the event,but still each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
* The leader's decision will be final and binding on all.
For all your further queries and booking your seats, Please Contact,
Piyush - 7738384811