Trekincredible presents monsoon trek to Peth(Kothaligad) on 31st July 2016
About Peth fort / Kothaligad
Height: 3100 feet
Time: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali, Base Village
Location: Karjat region
Cost: Rs 450
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the spacious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Train Timing: Karjat Fast local
08:00 Move 2 Ambivali village by auto
09:00 Ambivali Breakfast & Tea Break.
11:00 Peth village
Fort Exploration for 1.5 Hrs
14:30 Peth Village
15:00 Lunch break
16:00 Descend continue
17:30 Karjat by rick/bus
Things to carry-
1. Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat foods, like plum cakes, chocolate bars, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. ***** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek. ****
5. Personal medicines if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes, Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
- We shall be in Mumbai around 22:00 Hrs. (Subjective)
Transportation from Neral to Ambivali village and back, morning breakfast, evening refreshments.Please carry your own lunch.
- Please purchase a return ticket till Karjat. Alight at Neral station
- Board the first compartment from Karjat end which is the last one from CST end
Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
Shoe Drill Adventures Rules:
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. Shoe Drill Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags.