Trekincredible invites you for the wonderful trek to Lohgad.
Lohgad was one of the most important forts of Satwaahan Period, which takes us to 2000 to
2500 years back. Bhaje & Bedse caves where used by Buddhist monks to stay. These caves
are situated in the mountain of Visapur.
With a 2000 year old history and at 3400 ft high, Lohgad one of the magestic forts in the region.
The climb to the fort takes you to panoramic vantage points, huge balconies, doors and reminds
you how important this place was which was used to defend freedom.
The highlight of Lohagad fort trek is the 'Vinchu kata' - fortification resembling a scorpion’s tail.
This structure juts out from the main section of the fort and requires an additional 15-20 mins of
walking to reach the edge. The durgah is another major landmark within Lohagad which is
located near the entrance to the fort - 'Mahadarwaja'. Laxmi Kothi is a large shelter near the
Height: 3400 Feet (Approx)
Mode of Transport: Private Transport
Itinerary: Sunday 7th August 2016
11.30-12.30 pm- Explore top
Timing may vary on various conditions
Last date of booking:4th August, Thursday
Travel by private transport (From -Mumbai)
Breakfast, tea refreshments
Anything not mentioned above
Things To be Carried Along with:
● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has hands free while walking.
● Towel/Napkins,Extra pair of clothes.
● Good footwear. (With grip, preferably Shoes)
● Some ready to eat food.
● Polythene bag for your garbage. (No plastic littering on the way or in mountains)
● Medicine those if you require usually.
● 2-3 bunch of News-papers.
* Drinking alcohol and smoking strictly not allowed.
* Please avoid wearing jeans which could trouble you while climbing, prefer track pants.
* We do take utmost care of every member of the group during the event, but still each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
* The leader's decision will be final and binding on all.
Please call Swapnil-9769345484