Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfect ambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Summer is the perfect time when we can experience synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature.
Fireflies : Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Peth is situated in Shahapur taluka, Karjat district. Height of this fort is 3100 ft above sea level. This fort is also known as Kothaligad because of the internally excavated stairs at the fort top.
This fort is very small in size but was used as an ammunition storage and defense station during Sambhaji Maharaj’s era. This fort is surrounded with other forts like Bhimashankar, Rajmachi, Dhak, Sidhhagad and Prabalgad.
27th-28th May 2017(Leaving on 27th may evening)
Last date of booking: 25th May
Swapnil - 9769345484
Day 01 27th May 2017:
1. Depart from CST by fast local train from Karjat (04:30 pm). On arrival at Neral by 05:30 pm have snacks and proceed to base village Ambivali by private vehicle
2. Freshen up and Ascend to Peth Village.
Reach peth village by 9:30 pm and have Dinner and rest.
3.10:30 pm proceed to Peth fort and reach fort top by 12:00 ,Campfire
Rest and fun activities.
Day 02 28th May 2017:
1. Wake up call at 7 am. Freshen up in the morning and witness beautiful sunrise.
2. Start descend to Pethwadi and have breakfast and tea.
3. Descend to Ambivali base village.
4. Travel back to Neral by private vehicle. Tour Concludes with Happy memories. :)
Tour Price : Rs.700/- per person only
1. Transportation from Neral to Neral by local tum-tum
2. Dinner and Breakfast
3. Expertise & Guide Charges.
1. Mineral water bottle and aerated drinks
2. Anything mentioned than above inclusions
Things to Carry :
1.Id Proof Compulsory
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10.Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
11.Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (any one is compulsory for night)
Important Points to keep in mind:
1 The leader's decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
2 Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
3. It is advisable not to wear any jewelry.
4. Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories.
5. The location is private and secured location