Region: Malshej Ghat
Fort Height: 2500 ft.
Type: Hill Fort
Mode of Transport : Private Transport
Contribution for the trek : Rs. 800
(Which includes refreshments, breakfast and to and fro transport from Dadar)
Brief details of the destination :
Naneghat (Marathi: नाणेघाट) is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra, India. During the reign of the Satavahana (200 BCE–190 CE), the pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar.Literally, the name nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass".The name is given because this path was used as a tollbooth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills.
On 9th July
6.00am : Gather at Dadar Station Near Swaminarayan Temple.
9.00 : Reach the base start trek towards naneghat caves(Breakfast on the way).
11.30 : Reach at caves. break for Lunch.
12.30 pm: Move towards top spot of naneghat i.e "NANACHA AGANTHA" Enjoiy the views, surroundings and feel of being in the clouds.
1.00 : Descend to the base.
3.00 : Return Journey.
7.00pm : Reach dadar.
Things to Carried :
2. Water (2 ltr Minimum)
3. Towel/Napkins,Extra pair of clothes.
4. Good footwear.(preferably Shoes)
5. Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the
6. Personal medicines. (if u require usually/Optional)
8.Other things as per your choice.
10. 2-3 bunch of papers
*Pack your bags considering the rains into picture..
*Do carry small plastic bags to carry wet clothes home, But no
plastic littering on the way or in mountains.
* Drinking alcohol and smoking strictly not allowed.
* Please avoid wearing jeans which could trouble you while
climbing, Prefer track pants.
* We do take utmost care of every member of the group during the event,but still each member will be responsible for his/her own
safety and baggage.
* The leader's decision will be final and binding on all.