TrekGuru : Trek to Talgad + Kuda Caves + Ghosalgad
Date : Sunday 30 July 2017
Height : 1000 feet/1200 feet
Grade : Easy / Easy
Time : Max.30 min frm Tala village/Max.45 min frm Ghosal
Location : Roha, Raigad
Transport : Dadar To Dadar NonAc Bus
Cost : 1100rs PP
Contact : Pravin 9821318848 / 9821465256
Talgad fort :
A small fort height 1000 ft from MSL in roha region.
Its main objective was to keep a watch on the Mandad creek where the Kundalika river meets the Arabian sea.
History : Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's won the fort from Adilshah of Bijapur in 1648 AD. When Afzalkhan attacked the Maratha kingdom in 1659, Talgad fort was seized by Siddi. Later, on hearing the defeat of Afzalkhan, Siddi released the seize citing fear from the Maratha warriors. later in 1735 AD by the first Bajirao Peshwa and thereafter in 1818 AD by General Prathur.
Ghosalgad Fort :
Fort Ghosalgad height 1200 fts from MSL may have been built to keep a watch on the business & trade activities which were enrouted through Tamhanghat.
History : Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj captured this fort and renamed it as “Veergad”. As per the Treaty of Purandar with Mughals (Mirza Raje Jaisingh played an important role in making Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj sign this treaty), Shivaji Maharaj kept 12 forts under his reign of which Ghosalgad was one of them. Thus one can understand the significance of this fort.
Kuda Caves :
Group of 26 Buddhist rock-cut caves, created in 1st c. BC - 3rd c. AD.
Kuda caves are small, simple.
These caves have two levels and the individual blocks are smaller and are on the upper levels. The inscriptions on the caves are the preaching of Buddha and his disciples. The interiors of the caves are carved with stupas and a rock carved image of an elephant as the janitor is inscribed on the front gate of the caves.
Sunday 30 July 2017
Meeting Point: Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E) at 05:45 am
06:00 am: Start from Dadar
06:40 am: Vashi
07:00 am: Panvel (pune people meeting point)
08:30 am: Breakfast-Tea on the way
10:30 am: Talagad Base
11:00 am: Atop Talgad
Explore fort, Rest and enjoy the view of the surrounding region
12:00 pm: Descend
12:30 pm: Base
01:00 pm: Kuda Caves
Explore, Have lunch & depart 2 Ghosalgad
02:00 pm: Ghosalgad base
02:45 pm: On top of Ghosalgad
1 hour for exploration
04:00 pm: Descend
04:45 pm: Base
05:00 pm: Depart for Mumbai
09:00 pm: Mumbai
Cost : 1100rs pp
Dadar to Dadar Traveling by non ac private travel bus,
Breakfast + Tea + Lunch(Veg) + Evening snacks.
First aid, Certified person guidance.
Cold drinks & mineral water, Private orders in hotel.
Insurance coverage, Medical expenses other than First Aid.
everything which not included in Includes.
Things To Carry:
A Water Bottle (~3 Ltrs a must).
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional),
Pls avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Extra Pair of clothes,
Good trekking shoes,
Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, Antibiotics for stomach infection).
A haversack to put all these things.
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (500rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in description)
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Pravin 9821318848 / 9821465256
Do's, Dont' & Facts :-
- Telephonic confirmation is if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must)
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- This trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group. Its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- The leader’s decision wil be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- By registering or joining any of the event (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Leisure Trip) organized by Trekगुरु, it is assumed that you have read, understood & agreed to the Do's, Don'ts & Fact.