DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE PLACE :
Torna Fort or Prachandagad is tallest fort in Pune district. This fort is believed to have been constructed by the Shaiva Panth, followers of the Hindu god Shiva, in the 13th century. A Menghai Devi temple, also referred to as the Tornaji temple, is situated near the entrance of the fort.
In 1643, Shivaji Maharaj captured this fort at the age of sixteen, thus making it the first fort in what would become the Maratha Empire. Shivaji renamed the fort Torna, and constructed several monuments and towers within it.
DETAILS OF THE TREK ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Duration: 1 day
Age Group: 10 yrs and above.
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: High
Activities to be conducted: Trekking/Hikking Visit to waterfall.
No. of Seats: Minimum 14 people and above
Pune: - Rs 550/-
Mumbai: - Rs 800 /-
Includes: - Transport by Private Vehicle, Breakfast, Refreshments and Trek expertise. (First aid will be provided if required)
Excludes: - Lunch and anything that is not specifically mentioned in Includes.
Pune: - 07.00am Deccan, J. M. Road (Outside KFC)
Mumbai: - 05.30am Dadar (Swamynarayan Mandir)
** Note: - Trek groups from Pune and Mumbai will be trekking as independent groups.
Things to carry:
1. Packed Lunch.
2. A 'Backpack' or a haversack
(please avoid zola or sling bag as it becomes difficult to trek with them)
3. Shoes are must - Good quality Trekking /Sports with extra pair of socks.
4. Minimum 2 litres of water (Must)
5. Some emergency packed food such as biscuits, cakes, chocolates
6. Personal medication(If required). Basic First Aid will be available.
7. Extra pair of clothes
9. Rain Cover
10. Camera (Optional)
11. Torch with extra batteries (just in case)
• Please pay the respective fees to Backpack Outdoors either by online transfer or by cash payment at Backpack’s Office.
• If paid online then please send in a confirmation e-mail to email@example.com with details like name, age, gender, address, transaction number and telephone numbers of all the participants.
• Payment can be done directly through bank transfers to our account
Bank of India
Current A/c No. – 052320110000298
IFSC code – BKID0000523
Kothrud (Gujrat colony) Branch.
• You can also do the payment by cash or cheque in the name of “BACKPACK OUTDOORS” at our office.
***Please note that your registration will be confirmed only after the payment of the entire fees.
Thanks and Regards,
Team BACKPACK OUTDOORS
2, Jeevan heights, Rambaug Colony, M.I.T. College Road, Off Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune-411038
Mayur – 09823996112
Akshay Bapat – 09833199467 / 09768882299