Dear Vibers ,
We are glad to invite you for trek to Ratangad on 14th August 2016.
Brief Introduction about Ratangad: -
Fort Height: 4225 ft.
Base Village : Ratanwadi
District: Ahmednagar As the name speaks, Ratanad is described as “Jewel Fort of Sahayadri”. It gets the name as it is origin for the river “Amrutvahini”. Located in the district of Ahmednagar, it stands tall to 4255 feet above mean sea level. The fort is about 2000 years old and is situated at banks of Bhandardara lake.
The main attraction of this fort is “Amurteshwar” temple which falls into “Hemadpant Era” ( way back to eighth century ). It truly defines the ancient sculpture of our great ancestors due to it’s carving.
Ratangad is a natural rock peak with a cavity at top that measure 10 feet high and 60 feets wide, thus forming a needle eye sort of appearance called as “Nedhe”. This is caused due to Wind Erosion and one can experience the nature’s power over there. It has a water cistern which is usually filled with water throughout the year and was one of the largest rainwater catchment area for its time. Fort has a main entrance called as “Tryambak Darwaza.” Also we have some remains of smaller entrance to the fort called as “Chor Darwaza”. Two ladders have been added to provide easy access to the main fort area.
Journey Details: -
Saturday, 13th August 2016
Catch following train from CST at 10.50 IST
10:50 pm : CST
10:57 pm : Byculla
11:04 pm : Dadar
11:12 pm : Kurla
11:17 pm : Ghatkopar
11:31 pm : Thane
11:54 pm : Dombivali
00:03 am : Kalyan
01:18 am : Kasara
Sunday, 14th August 2016
01:30 am : Travel from Kasara to Ratanwadi by private vehicle
04.30 am : Reach base village, take Some rest.
08:30 am : break fast, round of interaction, know each other, instructions(do’s and dont’s.)
09:00 am : Start Trek.
12:00 am : Reach top and enjoy view.
12.30 pm : Start descending down.
02.00 pm : Descend down completely.
02.30 pm : Lunch at base village
03.00 pm : Start journey to Kasara.
06.00 pm : Catch train to- Mumbai
(Timings may vary, with subject to individual’s pace at trek and traffic conditions)
Trek Fees:- INR 1000/- per Person, includes traveling by private transport from Kasara to Kasara, 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and Refreshments
• Vibes Outdoors is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Vibes Outdoors in connection with the Vibes Outdoors, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the Vibes Outdoors or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
Name of Current Acc Holder : VIBES OUTDOORS
Bank name : ICICI
Bank account number : 187905500086
Bank branch name and address : Kalyan Shivaji Chowk Branch
IFSC code for bank : ICIC0001879
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (1.5 ltr).
3. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
4. Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
5. Torch with extra batteries.
6. Personal medicines
7. A good trekking shoes.
Email Us @
Team Vibes Outdoors