Trek to Koraigad (कोराईगड)
Brief Info about the Trek
Height: 3000 ft. approx.
Base Village: Peth Shahapur
Shivaji Maharaj incorporated this fort in Swarajya along with Lohgad, Visapur, Tung and Tikona in 1657. On March 11, 1818, Col. Prother invaded this fort but could not succeed even after prolonged fighting. Finally he succeeded on 14th March, by dropping a cannon ball where the ammunition was stored. Along with this fort the English also conquered Ghangad.
Koraigad appears like a wall from peth Shahapur. On the top of the fort is a huge plateau. The ramparts on this fort are around 1.5 kms in length. Moving along the complete top of the fort by walking on the bailey is possible. While coming up from the Peth Shahapur route many caves come across, also some cisterns and an idol of Lord Ganesh.
After entering Shreeganesh Darwaja (Peth Shahapur route), the remnants of the old buildings can be seen. A Temple of a Godess Korai Devi is located here. There is a “DEEPMALA” right in front of the temple. The idol of Korai Devi is around 4 feet high. There are many bastions on the southern side of the fort. There are 6 cannons on this fort, of these the biggest cannon is named as “LAXMI” lies next to the Korai Devi Temple. There are two more temples on the fort. There are two large ponds on this fort and two caves are ahead. Here is an idol of Lord Vishnu holding the Conch, Discus, Mace and Lotus flower. From here Nagphani point, Tung, Tikona, Matheran, Prabalgad, Karnala, Manikgad ranges can be viewed.
itinerary for trek
Train timing for Indrayani Express:
Mumbai CST: 05.40
Please take the Lonavala local train
Train timing are as follows:
Pune station: 06:30
Have breakfast and tea
09:00 Bus to Peth Shahapur
10:15 Peth Shahapur
Explore - REST - Lunch - Explore – Photography
18:00 Depart to Mumbai by express train / ST buses & Pune by local train.
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1) Your own return ticket from respactive stn to Lonavala
2) A Rucksack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
3) camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4) Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits lum cakes etc.
5) Personal medicines.
6) A good trekking shoes and extra clothes (compulsory).
7) Additional shoelaces 1 pair. Glue/fevistick to do repairs if needed. (Shoes are most important part of journey)
8) Carry raincoat with cap facility and that can be easily worn with the rucksack on your back.
9) A bottle of water (min 2 Litres) compulsory
The cost for the trek will be Rs 700 /- per head
Traveling from Lonaala - base village - lonavala
Lunch or someHeavy snacks
All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above.
Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.).
Anup Ajit Hasabnis 9987522180 (WhatsApp no.) / 8108209269
The Saraswat Co-operative Bank Ltd.
Name: - Anup Ajit Hasabnis
Account no. : - 125200126107240
IFSC code: - SRCB0000125
Branch: - Jogeshwari (east)
Once done with the Transaction kindly send massage with the details such as Name and Location with Transaction ID to 09987522180 also do mail the details on firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 25 registrations only.
Do feel free to contact us for any queries / clarifications.
Rules & Regulations:
No Littering Policy: Participants are requested to carry their own waste back to home or to the railway Station to Dispose in the Dustbins.
Smoking and Alcohol Prohibited: Smoking and Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited on the Event.
It’s raining these days, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags
Some useful tips for Happy Trekking
• Don’t keep valuable things while trekking.
• Use plastic carry bags to save your mobile & Wallet.
• Avoid Jeans pant for inconvenience in Walking / Climbing.
• Always keep your Original Photo ID with you.
• Follow all the Instructions given by Team Leaders.
• Don’t expect similar food quality of your home town. Try local food to have some different experience.
• Respect the Local Religion & Traditions.
• While taking photographs don’t click photos of local people without their permission.
• Keep Healthy environment & helpful nature while Trekking & at the time of Activity.
• Don’t keep anything like mobile, Wallet, Gold ornaments at the time of Adventure Activity.
• Make new friends & share your thoughts in a Group.
"Take nothing but memories and photographs, leave nothing but footprints".
Medical Disclaimer: It’s Important to be fit before going for events. It is Important to have a medical fitness check-up done. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before an event.