Rajgad Trek Details [2D/2N]
Trek : Rajgad
Height : 4514 ft.
Date : 22nd & 23rd Dec 2012
Region : Pune
Cost App. : Rs 1000/-
Assembly : Pune Rail Station
Duration : 2 Day/ 2Night
About Rajgad :
CAPITAL FORT OF “HINDAVI SWARAJYA”. Rajgad fort was recognized as first political base of “Hindavi Swarajya”. It still can be witnessed as an unchallengeable, undisputable and unconquerable fort in ‘Hindavi Swarajya’.
A ‘Murumbadev’ mountain stands adjacent to the vally formed due to Nire, Velvandi, Kanandi and Gunjavani rivers. The same is 48 Kms. From Pune towards South-West direction and 24 Kms. Nort-West of Bhor.
To expand boundaries of Hindavi Swarajya within Maval region, two forts viz. Rajgad and Torna were considered to be at a prime position then. Although, both the forts were equally unchallengeable, Rajgad fort scored an edge over Torna fort primarily because of its huge size. Also the approach to Rajgad made it more unique as one has to either cross a mountain or a river to reach Rajgad fort. In view of the above factors, Shivaji Maharaj selected Rajgad as a capital fort and political base of ‘Hindavi Swarajya’. Rajgad has three Machis` and one Citadel. This Citadel is highest of all as it stands 1394 meters above Mean Sea Level (M.S.L.).
Fascinating Spots On Rajgad:
• Padmavati Machi
• Padmavati Temple
• Padmavati Lake
• Sanjivani Machi
• Suvela Machi
• Alu Darwaja
• Pali Darwaja
• Rameshwar Temple
Itinerary For Rajad Trek
Catch 51033 Shirdi Fast Passenger at the convenient station Timings are as follows
MUMBAI CST 22:55 PM
DADAR 23:08 PM
THANE 23:33 PM
KALYAN 23:50 PM
KARJAT 00:53 AM
PUNE 04:10 AM
2230 -0415Hrs : Travel Mumbai to Pune by Train
0415 -0600Hrs : Reach Pune & proceed towards Gunjwane by St Bus / Jeep
0600 -0800Hrs : Reach Gunjwane, rest, Freshen up, Tea & breakfast.
0800Hrs : Start Trek towards Rajgad
1130Hrs : Reach Rajgad [Padmavati Machi]
1130 -1300Hrs : Lunch & rest on fort
1300 -1830Hrs : Fort explores.
1830Hrs : Refreshment.
1900Hrs onwards : Rest, Dinner on fort.
0600 - 0730Hrs: Wake up, Freshen up & Tea Bf
0730 -1030Hrs : Fort explores, Start descending fort.
1030 -1400Hrs : Reach Gunjwane & Lunch.
1400 -1600Hrs : Travel Gunjwane to Pune,
1600 Hrs : Disperse at Pune Rail Station.
List of Items To Be Carry
• Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (3 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
• Torch with spare set of batteries
• Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
• Light weight towel.
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
• Sleeping Bag / Bed sheet & Carry mat.
• Plate, Glass, Mug/ cup, spoon.
• All Participants have to carry their one meal for the trek. **
Rs 1000/- per head which includes,
• 2 Breakfast, 2Meals, 1evening refreshments,
• Travelling from Pune – Rajgad – Pune
• Report at Pune Rail Station at 0415Hrs on 22nd Dec 2012
• Carry one time meal for the trek.
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers during trek.
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
Entry on first come first basis
For confirmation call before 18th Dec 2012.
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 09869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli : 9870969694 / 9833072241