Peth Trek Details
Trek : Peth Fort
Date : 16th June 2013
Height : 1550 feets
Assembly : Karjat Railway Station.
Region : Karjat
Duration : 1 Day
Cost App.: Rs 400/-
About Peth [Kothligad] Fort
Peth Fort also known as Kotligad, This is a small hill with a large cave at the base. Peth is a conically shaped hill and it offers a panoramic view of the foothills. It is detached from the main range. The fort is at the pinnacle of the mount and it is placed perfectly on the back drop of Matheran ranges and Western Ghats. One can view the Konkan country side from the fort and the beauty of this view is majestic.
Itinerary For Peth Trek
Catch Karjat Train
• CST 5.18,
• Dadar 5.36,
• Kurla 5.47,
• Ghatkopar 5.53,
• Thane 6.14,
• Dombivali 6.36,
• kalyan 6.46,
• Karjat 7.40
0740Hrs : Report at Karjat Railway Station,
0800 - 0845Hrs: Travel Karjat to Ambivali by Bus.
0845 - 0930Hrs: Breakfast in Ambivali Village.
0930Hrs : Start Trek toward Peth.
1030 –1045Hrs: Reach Peth Village, Break / Rest.
1145Hrs : Reach on Peth Top.
1145 –1330Hrs: Visit Fort & Lunch on fort
1330Hrs : Start descending fort.
1600 - 1630Hrs: Reach Ambivali, tea & Snacks in Village.
1630 - 1730Hrs: Travel Ambivali to Karjat by Bus. & Disperse at Karjat
List of Items To Be Carry
• Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (2 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
• Torch with spare set of batteries
• Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
• Light weight towel.
• Spare pair of cloth (Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each).
• Carry one time meal for the trek. **
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• For safety please follow the expert’s advice on trek.
• Travelling Karjat – peth - Karjat
• 1 Breakfast & 1 Evening Snacks
IMP: - Please take return train ticket up to Karjat.
For Confirmation Contact:
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 09869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli: 9870969694 / 9833072241