Dear Vibers ,
We are glad to invite you for a trek to Matheran via Garbett Point on Saturday 26th July 2014.
Type : Hill Fort
Height : 2625 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade : Medium
Base Village : Diksal
Info-Matheran is most splendid hill station in Maharashtra; it covers an area of 8 square kilometers in Sahyadris. This lovely spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of Thane district. Garbett point is located on South-west side of Matheran with grand view of the plateau.
The itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
Saturday,26th July 2014. Catch the Fast local train for Karjat. Timings are as follows:
08:15 am :Towards village and Breakfast
09:00 am : Start Ascent
12.00 pm : Reach the top and explore
01:00 pm : @Matheran 02:00 pm : Return Journey to Neral by Taxi
03:00 pm : @Neral
07:00 pm : Reach Mumbai
Expenses: Rs 350/- per head.
Travelling from Matheran to Neral by vehicle
Breakfast and evening tea.
Name of Current Acc Holder : VIBES OUTDOORS
Bank name : ICICI
Bank account number : 187905500086
Bank branch name and address : Kalyan Shivaji Chowk Branch
IFSC code for bank : ICIC0001879
Deepak 9422682020, 8080287071
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (1.5 ltr).
3. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
4. Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
5. Torch with extra batteries.
6. Personal medicines
7. A good trekking shoes.
Email Us @
• Vibes Outdoors is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Vibes Outdoors in connection with the Vibes Outdoors, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the Vibes Outdoors or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
Team Vibes Outdoors