Info- Kothaligad (also called Kotligad or Kothligad) is a small Fort(1500ft.) is situated to the east of Karjat . It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and easy climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base.
There is a small Bhairoba temple and large cave at the base and a chimney like tunnel to the top of the fort. This pinnacle is carved from inside forming a staircase reaching the top.
There is a tank of water at some distance from the cave and another one at the top of the fort. This tunnel is the high point of the trek, with its funnel like structure and steps along the inside in a steep ascent to the very top.
The itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
Sunday, 21st June 2015
Catch the Fast local train for Karjat.
Timings are as follows:
08:44 am :Towards Base village
10:00 am : Reach the Base
10:15 am : Introduction, do's and don’ts, breakfast
10:30 am : Start Ascent
12.00 pm : Reach the top and explore
01:00 pm : Start Descent
02:00 pm : Lunch @ base
04:00 pm : Departure to Mumbai
07:00 pm : Reach Mumbai
Expenses: Rs 500/- per head.Which includes
Travelling from Karjat to Karjat by private vehicle
Breakfast, lunch and evening tea.
Name of Current Acc Holder : VIBES OUTDOORS
Bank name : ICICI
Bank account number : 187905500086
Bank branch name and address : Kalyan Shivaji Chowk Branch
IFSC code for bank : ICIC0001879
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (1.5 ltr).
3. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
4. Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
5. Torch with extra batteries.
6. Personal medicines
7. A good trekking shoes.
Email Us @
• Vibes Outdoors is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Vibes Outdoors in connection with the Vibes Outdoors, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the Vibes Outdoors or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate. Regards,
Team Vibes Outdoors