Hello Vibers, We are glad to invite you for trek to Harishchandragad via Pachnai on 28th and 29th June 2014.
Harishchandragad-The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in 6th century, during the rule of Kalchuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. In these caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya. Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic “Tatvasaar”), used to meditate here in 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
Type : Hill Fort
Height : 4500 ft approx
Region : Malshej Ghat
The itinerary for the Event is as given below:
28th June 2014,
Catch fast train to Kasara from CST leaving @ 7.05am
Train Timings are as follows:
Meeting point : kasara Station @ 9.30am
10.00 am : Start towards Pachnai
12.00 pm : Reach Pachnai and Lunch
01.00 pm : Start the trek
03.00 pm : Reach th top,rest and Visit Kokankada
08.00 pm: Dinner and stay in Caves
29th June 2014
6.00 am : Good Morning and get fresh, Breakfast
6.45 am: ascend Taramati
11.00 am : Break for snacks, Lunch @ village
02.00 pm : Move to Kasara
5.30 pm : Reach Kasara
The cost for the trek is Rs. 1200/-Includes
Transportation from Kasara to Kasara,3 veg meals,breakfast etc....Payment details:
Name of Current Acc Holder : VIBES OUTDOORS
Bank name : ICICI
Bank account number : 187905500086
Bank branch name and address : Kalyan Shivaji Chowk Branch
IFSC code for bank : ICIC0001879
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (1.5 ltr).
3. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
4. Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
5. Torch with extra batteries.
6. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, mosquito’s cream.
7. A good trekking shoes.
8. Bedding, extra pair of cloths. Contact : Deepak 9422682020, 8080287071
Our Facebook Presence :
Email Us @
• Vibes Outdoors is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Vibes Outdoors in connection with the Vibes Outdoors, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the Vibes Outdoors or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate. Regards,
Team Vibes Outdoors