Nane Ghat Trek
Type : Ancient Trade Route Pass
Grade : Medium
Date : 12th Oct 2013.
Height : 2800 feet
Region : Malshej Ghat
App Cost : 450/- Rs
Nane Ghat (2800 Feets):
It's the one of the ancient trade routes, existing right from the Satvahanas, which ghats and was in extensive use to transport goods arriving at the Junnar which was then a flourished market place.100's of years gone but still villagers at the ghat area use this pass to reach konkan. It reflects how the emperors use to skillfully choose locations
Naneghat trek is simple and enjoyable. Way is clearly marked and passes through dense teakwood forests. Climbing from the forest you reach to the base of ‘Nanacha Angatha’, which is pinnacle of Naneghat plateau.
From this base, a 2 meter wide pass connects to the actual plateau. This pass called as ‘Naneghatachi NaLi’ ( ) has been carved and cut in stones by emperors of that time. This 60 meter long pass takes you to the Naneghat plateau.
Itinerary For Naneghat Trek
0630Hrs : Report at Kalyan St Stand Near inquiry Counter
0630 - 0830Hrs: Travel Kalyan to Naneghat phata by Bus & Jeep.
0830 - 0930Hrs: General Introduction & Breakfast at base of Naneghat.
0930 - 1130Hrs: Start Trek toward Naneghat.
1130 - 1400Hrs: Reach in Cave Of Naneghat, Lunch, Naneghat top.
1400Hrs : Start descending Naneghat .
1630Hrs : Reach base of Naneghat. Travel Naneghat baseTo kalyan By Bus Or Jeep
2000Hrs : Disperse at Kalyan
List of Items To Be Carry
• Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (2 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
• Torch with spare set of batteries
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
• Waterproof jacket / raincoat [It may be rain]
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
• Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
• Carry one time meal for the trek. **
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
• Travelling Kalyan – Naneghat Base - Kalyan
• 1 Breakfast
IMP: - Please take return train ticket up to Kayan.
For confirmation Contact:
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 9869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli: 9870969694 / 9833072241