Dhak Bahiri (karjat)
Type : Hill Fort
Grade : Medium
Date : 6th Jan 2013.
Height : 2320 feet
Region : Karjat
App Cost : 300/- Rs
About Dhak Bhairi
Dhak is one of the most exciting and challenging treks in the Karjat region. Dhak Bahiri is located in the middle of a cliff of Dhak fort. We have to climb using the support of a wooden log which sways preciously .After and only after you climb the log can you reach the safety of the cave. There is a water hole in the cave. The water is ice cold in every season and used for cooking purpose by the villagers.
Itinerary For DhakBhairi Trek :
Catch Karjat Train (CST 5.19, Dadar 5.37, Kurla 5.48, Ghatkopar 5.54, Thane 6.14, Dombivali 6.36, kalyan 6.45, Karjat ; 7.38)
0745 Hrs Report at Karjat rail Station
Breakfast at karjat
0930 Hrs Reach base village & start trek
1300 Hrs Reach in cave & Lunch
1430 Hrs Start descending fort
1730 Hrs Reach to base village
1830 Hrs Reach Karjat & Disperse
List of Items To Be Carry
· Properly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
· Ruck sack which can hold following items
· Spare pair of cloths.
· Water Bottle (3 Liter Minimum)
· Torch with spare set of batteries
· Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
· Personal medical kit (personal medicines prescribed by family Dr.).
· Light weight towel.
· Carry one time meal for the trek. **
· Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
· Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
· Avoid Chapels / Slippers
· Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk.
· For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
• Travelling Karjat –Dhak - Karjat
• 1 Breakfast
IMP: - Please take return ticket of Karjat.
For Conformation Contact :
Rajesh Mhaddalkar: 9869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli: 9870969694 / 9833072241