Dhak Bahiri Caves
Type : Hill Fort
Grade : Medium
Date : 14th & 15th 2013.
Height : 2320 feet
Region : Karjat
App Cost : 750/- Rs
About Dhak Bhairi
Dhak is one of the most exciting and challenging treks in the Karjat region. Dhak Bahiri is located in the middle of a cliff of Dhak fort. We have to climb using the support of a wooden log which sways preciously .After and only after you climb the log can you reach the safety of the cave. There is a water hole in the cave. The water is ice cold in every season and used for cooking purpose by the villagers.
Itinerary For DhakBhairi Trek :
Catch Karjat Train (CST 21:20, Byculla 21:27, Dadar 21:34, Kurla 21:43, Ghatkopar 21:47, Thane 22:01, Dombivali22:14, Kalyan 22:22, Karjat 23:15)
2315 Hrs Report at Karjat rail Station near ticket counter Platform no 1.
Travel to Sandshi Village & rest in Village.
0700 -0730 Hrs Breakfast & start trek
1100 Hrs Reach in cave & Lunch
1400 Hrs Start descending
1730 Hrs Reach to base village
1830 Hrs Reach Karjat & Disperse
List of Items To Be Carry
• Properly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack which can hold following items
• Spare pair of cloths.
• Water Bottle (3 Liter Minimum)
• Torch with spare set of batteries
• Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines prescribed by family Dr.).
• Sleeping Bag / Bed sheet & Carry mat.
• Carry one time meal for the trek. **
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk.
• For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
• Travelling Karjat – Sandshi - Karjat
• 1 Breakfast &1 Lunch
• Experts Charges
IMP: - Please take return ticket of Karjat.
For Conformation Contact:
Rajesh Mhaddalkar: 9869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli: 9870969694 / 9833072241