Trekगुरु : Velas Turtle Festival & Bankot Fort
Date : 25th to 26th March 2017 (Leaving 24th Night)
Type : Nature Trail / Eco Tour
Grade: Very Easy
Duration : 2 Nights/days
Mode of Transport : Private Vehicle
Cost : 2400rs pp
Contact : Pravin 98213188 / 9821465256
The places that we will be visiting during outing are:
1. Velas Beach
2. Bankot Fort
3. Nana Fadanvis Home (if time permit)
4. Harihareshwar Temple & Beach
Evant Schedule & Tentative Itinerary :
Friday 24 Mar 2017
Meeting time and place:
10.30 PM @ Dadar East Nr. Swami Narayan Temple
Travel to Velas
Chembur, vashi, panvel(pune ppl) pickup points
Saturday 26 Mar 2017
Early morning arrival at Velas
05.45 am : Visit nesting site at Velas beach
Visit Bankot Fort (easy 15 mins trek)
01.00 pm : Typical Konkani Lunch
Rest time or play indoor games
04.30 pm : Move to Velas Beach nesting site
Fun and games to be played at Velas beach
08.00 pm : Dinner
Night walk around the village
Retire for the day
Sunday 26 Mar 2017
Wake up early morning
05.45 am : Visit Velas beach, nesting site
Back to house, break fast.
Move to Harihareshwar temple & beach by ferry
01.30 pm : lunch at Harihareshwar (only veg)
Return to Mumbai
09.30 pm : Reach Dadar (Time is subjective)
Very very imp :
1) Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process. So cannot give guarantee of emerging possibility of turtles on the mentioned dates.
2) The above beaches have strong RIP currents so we will not allow you to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards.
Cost : 2400rs pp
1) Transportation from Dadar to Dadar by private Non-AC Vehicle.
2) 2 breakfast, 2 lunch (veg/nonveg), 1 dinner (veg/nonveg)
3) Any Entry charges.
4) Accommodation in typical Konkani villager’s house.
5) Ferryboat Charges.
6) Trekगुरु charges
- Camera charges
- Bottled water and cold drinks
- Anything other than above mention ‘inclusions’
One needs to do online transfer of Indian Rs.1000/- advance amount for Booking Private Vehicle, Activity Charges, Boats, Food, Accommodation etc. into the following bank account to confirm his/her registration:-
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Pravin : 9821318848 / 9821465256
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must),
A bottle of water (atleast 2 Ltrs),
Towel, a napkin, Extra 3-4 Pairs of clothes (must)
Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Sunscreen Lotion, Cap, Skarf
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually
A good shoes or slipper, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
Do's, Dont's & Facts :-
- Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process. So cannot give guarantee of emerging possibility of turtles on the mentioned dates.
- The above beaches have strong RIP currents so we will not allow you to go into the water with or without Life jacket / Life Guards.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must)
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things. You can carry sling bags or Jholas.
- we carry only First aid
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- By registering or joining any of the event (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Trip) organized by Trekगुरु, it is assumed that you have read, understood & agreed to the Do's, Don'ts & Fact's.