Trekगुरु : Trip to beautiful Sangla Valley and Chitkul (last village of india to Tibet)
Date : 07 May To 13 May 2017
Duration: 06 Nights / 07 days (Chandigarh to Chandigarh)
Reporting Place : Chandigarh
Location : Sangla Valley is located in the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
Cost : 9000 rs
Contact : Pravin 9821318848 / 9821465256
Reasons to Visit :-
> Sangla is a riverside valley overlooking stunning Himalayan views.
> Sangla is best visited for a nature centric experience, walks, trekking, trout fishing etc.
> Guests to Sangla can stay riverside and explore the area on foot.
> Chitkul village is few kilometers away from Sangla is where the views get even bigger and better and is the last point before Tibetan border.
> Sangla area is full of apple orchards and April-Sept is best time to arrive here and explore.
> Overnight trekking options around the area are good and the hills around are much more unexplored and pristine as compared to other known and explored trekking routes.
> Sangla is also where you can pickup famous Kinnauri shawls, woolen socks, tweeds and silver jewelry studded with Tibetan pearls
> Sangla is recommended for Glacier trekking in March and April
Sunday 07 May
16:00 - Chandigarh is the final meeting point.
You can reach Chandigarh by Train+Bus/cab (via Delhi) or direct train from Mumbai (12925 Paschim Express) or by Flight.
Make sure you reach by 4pm in evening
18:00 - After a quick introduction, we take the bus for Karcham bridge (going towards Reckong Peo).
This is the hardest part of the otherwise beautiful journey.
Monday 08 May
07:00 - Reach Karcham and take the next bus or Jeep towards Sangla
08:00 - Reach Sangla, take breakfast, check-in and get fresh.
Explore the town and market
14:00 - Post Lunch, we go to Kamru fort.
Later we can also explore a little in the trail going towards snow clad mountain
19:00 - Come back to hotel, get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep
Tuesday 09 May
05:00 - Today is an exciting day and thus we start very early. Lots of pictures to be taken till evening
06:00 - Start trekking towards Kandha Valley. We take breakfast and lunch breaks on the way. We will cook our own lunch. Pass through the beautiful forested slopes of Kandha and reach the elusive pond which remains frozen for most part of the year
18:00 - Come back to hotel and get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep
Wednesday 10 May
08:00 - Move to Rakcham village in a jeep or bus. It is located 20kms from Sangla.
09:00 - Check-in at homestay or hotel of Rakcham and then we have full day to explore the mystic trails of Rakcham along the Baspa river. If possible, we explore the sheep trails in Mastarang village near Rakcham going up in the mountains full of pine trees.
19:00 - Return to hotel and get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep
Thursday 11 May
12:00 - Get up and take a jeep or bus to Chitkul.
Chitkul is the most beautiful place in kinnaur valley.
You will immediately notice the unspoilt nature, clear blue skies, cool breeze, bluish water of many streams flowing around.
14:00 - After lunch at our favorite homestay, we start our mission to explore the valleys nearby.
19:00 - Return to our homestay and have dinner.
Friday 12 May
06:00 - Today is final half day for exploring the irresistible valleys. We can go to army post located 4 kms away or explore the meadows along the river.
13:00 - Reach the homestay, have lunch and packup
16:00 - Take the bus and bid adieu to Kinnaur valley.
Saturday 13 May
06:00 - Reach Chandigarh
07:40 - You can take 12058 Jan shatabdi Express which reaches New Delhi at 12PM
The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trip.
Cost : Rs. 9000/- per person.
- Virtually all cost from Chandigarh to Chandigarh
- 6 days lunch, breakfast, dinner and refreshments
- Travel cost from Chandigarh onwards
- Accommodation cost
- Travel fare till Chandigarh
- Anything not mentioned above
Pravin : 9821318848 / 9821465256
Things to be carried :-
- Identity card. (must)
- Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves etc. Temperature below zero can be expected
- Rechargeable torches (must)
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two water bottles all time in your bags (must)
- An umbrella. Light drizzle is expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying sling bags. You should be able to walk long distances carrying your luggage. If possible carry a big plastic bag to cover your bag when you put it on bus-top.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bedsheet/blanket
- Juice packets, dry fruits, Ready to eat food etc.
You need to deposit an advance amount of Rs.3000/- per person in the following Account:
Bank Account Details:
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Do's, Dont' & Facts :-
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
- This is a backpack trip. We will travel only in public transport/shared jeep etc.
- Stay in homestays or village hotels. We will choose place of accommodation based on group’s opinion and the expertise of group leader.
- Mostly, you will be getting vegetarian food. Sometimes non-veg can be provided.
- You will get basic facilities in room like beds, winter blankets, geyser etc.
- There can be sudden power cuts in these areas.
- Light drizzle can occur anytime of year. But not heavy rains.
- Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- On most of the days we will wake up early to travel comfortably and enjoy the serenity of morning. Though we may take rest in latter part of the day
- Always respect the local people and their culture. We try to learn more from them about the place.
- Since it is a backpack trip, you are expected to proactively involve in helping the team.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited. Group leader will not be responsible for any mishaps arising due to smoking and drinking at high altitudes.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- By registering or joining any of the event (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Trip) organized by Trekगुरु, it is assumed that you have read, understood & agreed to the Do's, Don'ts & Fact's.