Trekगुरु : Trip to Kaas Plateau (कास पठार), Kaas Lake & Thoseghar Waterfall
Date : 18 Sep 2016 (Leaving 17 nyt)
What to See : Kaas Plateau - Thoseghar Waterfall - Kaas Lake
Location : Satara
Grade : Easy
Transport : Thane to Thane non ac private vehicle
Cost : 1800rs
Contact : PRAVIN 9821318848
This little-known gem, which has been increasingly attracting visitors since being declared a bio-diversity site by UNESCO in 2012, is Maharashtra’s very own “VALLEY OF FLOWERS”.
The Kaas Plateau is located in the Sahyadri range, 22 km away from Satara. It abuts the northern part of Koyana Sanctuary, and a major portion of the plateau is reserve forest. Post monsoon, from August to October, the 1,000-hectare region undergoes a most outlandish phenomenon and turns into a riot of colour, with wildflowers carpeting the land as far as you can see.
The earth actually seems to change its hues every few weeks, as the cycle of the flowering plants progresses. More than 850 species of flowering plants are found on the plateau. To protect this fragile eco-system, it is forbidden to walk amid the flowers.
You can walk/hike around the plateau, though, to admire the flowers from different vantage points. During the months of August, September and October, the climate is amazing with light drizzles and overcast skies, which makes long walks on the plateau not just easy but also quite pleasurable.
Trip schedule :-
17th September, Saturday
22:30 - Assemble at Thane (East) near Station.
Start travelling in a private bus towards Satara.
18th September, Sunday
05:00 - Reach Satara.
07:00 - Explore the Kaas plateau, Kaas lake etc.
11:00 - We will visit Thoseghar waterfall if time permit and road conditions
13:00 - Lunch
15:00 - Start traveling back to Thane
22:00 - Reach Thane
The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trip.
Cost : 1800rs per person
Thane to Thane private vehicle Cost, Toll, Parking
- Any Camera Charges
- Bottled water, cold drinks etc.
- Anything not mentioned in ‘includes’
Things to Carry :-
Water Bottle ( 5 Liters ) (must)
Trekking shoes or good grip chappal
Rainsheeters or Poncho
Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
Cap, scarf, Socks (Extra)
Extra Pair of Clothes
Carry at least 2 Lemons, Chocolate Bars, Glucon D, Odomos.
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications)
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
No wearing of Gold or any other expensive Ornament ( if Lost owns a sole Responsibility )
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits,
A haversack to put all these things.
Contact : Pravin - 9821318848/9821465256
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must).
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trek/Trip/Expedition
- we carry only First aid.
- Event may be cancelled or postponed due to natural calamity, any system error.
- Any extra unforeseen expense incurred due to the, unavoidable circumstances during the trek.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated. participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may need to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- Read the event itinerary at least once.