Trekगुरु : Trek to bhivgad (bheemgad) & Waterfall
Date : 31st july 2016
Height: 803 meters msl (aprx)
Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hrs from Base Village
Location: Vadap, Karjat
Highlights of Trek/Fort: Rock Carved Water Tanks & Cave, Rock Cut Steps,
Meeting Point : Karjat Station
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
We at Trekगुरु are glad to invite you all for Easy One Trek To Bhivgad (bheemgad) & Waterfall On 31 july 2016
Bhivgad fort also known as Bheemgad is located in the Raigad District in Maharashtra, India. The specific history of this fort is not known. A small top, couple of water cisterns, a remnant is all that this fort offers us at the top. However, easy walk and small height, nice view of ranges around makes this nice, little one day trek. This fort is a hill fort. We can see Some fortification and two caves on the top. The height of this fort is around 800- 803 feet. Vadap is the base village which is Birthplace of Nanasaheb Peshawa. There is also a beautiful waterfall that is worth visiting in the monsoon.
Trek Itinerary :
Meeting Point :-Karjat Railway Station
Catch fast Train to Karjat which is living from CST @6.10 am.
In any case if u miss the train u will miss the trek
Train timings is as follows:
08.10 hrs: Meeting Point At Karjat Station Canteen
: Breakfast & Tea
08.45 hrs: Move towards base village
09.30 hrs: Start ascending
11.00 hrs: on the top
11.00 -12.00 hrs: Explore, Lunch & rest
12.30 hrs: Start descending
: Move to Waterfall (If the time permits)
15.00 hrs: Move towards Karjat by auto
16.00 hrs: Karjat
We will be reaching Mumbai around 7 pm.
The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trek.
> Morning Breakfast & Tea
> Karjat to Base Village to Karjat by auto/tumtum
> Trekगुरु charges
Everything that is not specifically mentioned in 'Include'.
Things to Carry :-
Water Bottle ( 3 Liters ) (must)
Good Trekking shoes (must)
Rainsheeters or Poncho
Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
Cap, scarf, Socks (Extra)
Extra Pair of Clothes
Carry at least 2 Lemons, Chocolate Bars, Glucon D, Odomos.
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications)
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
No wearing of Gold or any other expensive Ornament ( if Lost owns a sole Responsibility )
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits,
A haversack to put all these things.
Contact : Pravin - 9821318848/9821465256
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must).
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- Event may be cancelled or postponed due to natural calamity, any system error.
- Any extra unforeseen expense incurred due to the, unavoidable circumstances during the trek.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated. participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may need to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- Read the event itinerary at least once.