Trekगुरु : Trek to Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra.
Date : 12 july 2015 (11 july night)
Height: 5400 feet / 1646 meters msl (aprx)
Time: Maximum 3 hrs from Bari
Cost: Aprx 500-600 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
We at Trekगुरु are glad to invite you all for Thrilling Trek To Kalsubai On 12 july 2015 (leaving 11 july night).
Kalsubai is known as the Mt. Everest of Maharashtra. It is the highest mountain (5400 feet or 1646 meters) in Maharashtra. It is located in Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar district in northern Sahyadri mountain portion of Western Ghats. Although this is not the highest peak of entire Sahyadri mountain range, highest Sahyadri mountain is Anamudi in Kerala state of india.
At the summit is a small temple of Kalsubai. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view.The vastly spread out backwaters of Bhandardara attracts ones attention from the top. To the north of the mountain range forts such as Ramsej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, Kavnai can be seen. To the east one can spot Aundha, Vishramgad, Bitangad, to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar, Harishchandragad can be seen.
Since Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. There is a symbolic temple at the top.
Trek Schedule & itinrary
11th July 2015:
10.45 pm: Meeting point at Dadar East swami narayan temple
11.00 pm: Departure from Dadar
12th July 2015:
04.00 am: At bari village & will take rest in Bus itself.
05.50 am: Wakeup call.
06.00 am: Introduction Round, Instructions, Morning Breakfast
06.30 am: Start the Trek with sunshine.
10.00 am: Summit Kalsubai & Explore.
11.00 am: Will start descend.
02.00 pm: Will reach to bari and here will have Lunch (made by local villager).
03.00 pm: Visit Bhandardara Dam or Randha Waterfall (If time permits)
05.00 pm: Will start moving back to Mumbai
09:00 pm: will reach Dadar tentatively.
The cost of this trek would be Aprx 500-600 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges.
> Dadar - base village - Dadar by non a/c bus
> Morning Breakfast - Tea - veg lunch (non-veg = 50-70 rs extraa)
> Trekगुरु charges
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs),
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (500rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in description)
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Pravin : 9821318848
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek.
- Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments.
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.