Trekगुरु : Trek to Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra.
Date : 10 july 2016 (09 july night)
Height: 5400 feet / 1646 meters msl (aprx)
Time: Maximum 3 to 3 1/2 hrs from Bari
Cost: Aprx 700-750 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges
Meeting Point : Dadar East 10.30 pm 09 July
Transport : Dadar To Dadar non ac bus
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
We at Trekगुरु are glad to invite you all for Thrilling Trek To Kalsubai On 10 july 2016 (leaving 09 july night).
Kalsubai is known as the Mt. Everest of Maharashtra. It is the highest mountain (5400 feet or 1646 meters) in Maharashtra. It is located in Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar district in northern Sahyadri mountain portion of Western Ghats. Although this is not the highest peak of entire Sahyadri mountain range, highest Sahyadri mountain is Anamudi in Kerala state of india.
At the summit is a small temple of Kalsubai. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view.The vastly spread out backwaters of Bhandardara attracts ones attention from the top. To the north of the mountain range forts such as Ramsej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, Kavnai can be seen. To the east one can spot Aundha, Vishramgad, Bitangad, to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabargad, Ghanchakkar, Harishchandragad can be seen.
Since Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. There is a symbolic temple at the top.
Trek Schedule & itinrary:
09 th July 2016:
10.45 pm: Meeting point at Dadar East swami narayan temple
11.00 pm: Departure from Dadar
10 th July 2016:
04.00 am: At bari village & will take rest in Bus itself.
05.50 am: Wakeup call.
06.00 am: Introduction Round, Instructions, Morning Breakfast
06.30 am: Start the Trek with sunshine.
10.00 am: Summit Kalsubai & Explore.
11.00 am: Will start descend.
02.00 pm: Will reach to bari and here will have Lunch (made by local villager).
03.00 pm: Visit Bhandardara Dam or Randha Waterfall (If time permits)
05.00 pm: Will start moving back to Mumbai
10:30 pm: will reach Dadar tentatively.
The cost of this trek would be Aprx 700-750 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges.
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (500rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in description)
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
> Dadar - Bari base village - Dadar by non a/c bus, Toll & Parking Charges.
> Morning Breakfast - Tea - veg lunch (non-veg = 50-70 rs extraa)
> Trekगुरु charges
Things to Carry :-
Water Bottle ( 3 Liters ) (must)
Good Trekking shoes (must)
Rainsheeters or Poncho
Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
Cap, scarf, Socks (Extra)
Extra Pair of Clothes
Carry at least 2 Lemons, Chocolate Bars, Glucon D, Odomos.
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications)
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
No wearing of Gold or any other expensive Ornament ( if Lost owns a sole Responsibility )
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits,
A haversack to put all these things.
Contact : Pravin - 9821318848/9821465256
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must).
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- Event may be cancelled or postponed due to natural calamity, any system error.
- Any extra unforeseen expense incurred due to the, unavoidable circumstances during the trek.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated. participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may need to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- Read the event itinerary at least once.