Trekगुरु : Thrilling Trek to Harihar & visit pandav caves
Date : 17 July 2016 (16 July night)
Height: 1120mts - 3676ft msl (aprx)
Time: Maximum 3 hrs from nirgudpada
Cost: Aprx 600-650 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
We at Trekगुरु are glad to invite you all for Thrilling Trek To Harihar & visit Pandav caves on 17 July 2016 (16 July night)
Harihar Fort -
Located in the Igatpuri region of the Sahyadris, it lies at an altitude of about 3500 ft. above sea level. This fort is known for its triangular or prism shape. The facts of this fort are downright vertical with rocky steps embedded in them.A small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva can be seen. A pond lies right in front of the temple.
Overall five cisterns can be found on this fort out of which water from one of these cisterns is potable. The famous rock cut steps of this fort is a major crowd puller for its shear design and the inclined angle of almost 80 degrees.There are total 117 steps carved beautifully in the rock patch and you really feel like flying on the wings of the wind when there is a very windy and rainy weather while climbing up the steps. Harihar offers breath taking view of the surrounding area.
Pandav caves -
Pandu Leni (also known as Trirashmi Caves and other variations) (Leni is Marathi word for caves), are a group of 24 caves carved between the 3rd century BC and the 2nd century AD, representing the Hinayana Buddhist caves and has nothing to do with the characters of Mahabharata (the Pandavas). Most of the caves are Viharas except for the 18th cave which is a Chaitya. The location of the caves is a holy Buddhist site and is located about 8 km south of Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
The caves were carved out from the 4th century BC till the 12th century AD as abodes for the idols of the local kings. The caves lodge idols of Buddha and Bodhisattva. Some caves are intricately connected by stone-cut ladders that join them to the other caves. Steps lead to the caves from the bottom of the hill. The peak of the Pandavleni is also accessible by trekking of about 20 mins but the path is well built with steps.
Trek Schedule & itinrary
16th July 2016
Meeting at : Kasara Railway Station
This is Semi fast local from CST
(it is fast local till Thane so rests of them board the train from your nearest fast local track)
CST : 10:50 PM
Byculla : 10:57 PM
Dadar : 11:05 PM
Kurla : 11:13 PM
Ghatkopar : 11:18 PM
Mulund : 11:30 PM
Thane : 11:34 PM
Dombivali :- 11:57 PM
Kalyan :- 00:07 AM
Kasara :- 01:18 AM
(If you miss the train you miss the trek so make sure you are on time to catch the train.)
17 July 2016
We will proceed to the Nirgudpada by Local Transport
04:00 am: Reach Nirgudpada (base village) & rest ( vehicle itself)
06:00 am: Fresh
: Introduction Round
07.00 am: Start trek
10.30 am: Reach top & Explore
12.00 pm: Start descend
02.30 pm: Will reach to Nirgudpada and here will have Lunch (made by local villager)
03.30 pm: Move to Pandav caves (if time permit)
04.00 pm: Reach pandav caves & explore
04.30 pm: Start our Return Journey towards kasara
07.00 pm: Reach kasara & catch train towards mumbai
Cost : Aprx 600-650 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 100rs trekगुरु charges
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
> Kasara - Nirgudpada - pandav caves - Kasara by jeep/tumtum
> Morning Breakfast - Tea - veg lunch
> any entry fee
> Trekगुरु charges
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (500rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in description)
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Things to Carry :-
Water Bottle ( 3 Liters ) (must)
Good Trekking shoes (must)
Rainsheeters or Poncho
Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
Cap, scarf, Socks (Extra)
Extra Pair of Clothes
Carry at least 2 Lemons, Chocolate Bars, Glucon D, Odomos.
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications)
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
No wearing of Gold or any other expensive Ornament ( if Lost owns a sole Responsibility )
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits,
A haversack to put all these things.
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must).
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- Event may be cancelled or postponed due to natural calamity, any system error.
- Any extra unforeseen expense incurred due to the, unavoidable circumstances during the trek.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated. participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may need to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- Read the event itinerary at least once.