Trekगुरु : Trek to Asherigad
Date : 31st Jan 2016
Height: 2000 feet
Cost: 300 rs aprx
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
Asherigad is big brother of other forts in the Palghar region due to its massiveness and height. Raja Bhoj built the fort about 800 years ago. Raja Bimb, ruler of Mahim captured it from Kolis in the beginning of 14th century. Portuguese had a control of the fort in 1556 and made it the head of 38 villages. The fort was taken by Moghals in the mid of 17th century but again captured by Portuguese in 1683. With the battle of Mahim and Vasai in 1737, Chimaji Appa took over the control of the fort and it was under the rule of Marathas till 1818 then was handed over to Britishers.
Base village is Khodkona. It takes approx 1.5 hrs to reach the col & then 0.5hrs to reach the top. In the col, there is a temple of Vaghjai. The route then leads to carved steps. Remains of settlements, a ruined entrance, fortification symbols, Portuguese shield, 17 water cisterns, 2 lakes, a cave, temple are the things to see on top. One can see forts like Asheri, Adasul, Kohoj.
Journeys and trek scheduled :-
Meeting point : Palghar Railway Station
The CHURCHGATE – DAHANU local train timings are given as below: – It’s a FAST local
Churchgate : 05:24
Dadar : 05:41
Bandra. : 05:46
Andheri : 05:55
Borivali : 06:09
Vasai : 06:34
Virar : 06:46
Palghar : 07:26
People coming from Thane-Dombivali-Kalyan can catch Dombivali-Boisar shuttle:-
Dombivali : 05:43
Vasai : 06:35
Virar : 07:04
Palghar : 07:52
08.00 AM : Palghar station (meeting point)
08.30 AM : Move to Base Village by S. T. Bus / Tamtam
09.15 AM : Reach Base village
09.30 AM : Start Ascending
12.30 PM : Reach top
02.00 PM : Start descending
04.30 PM : Base Village
06.00 PM : Return Back to Palghar station
09.00 PM : Reach Dadar (Subjective)
Cost: Aprx 300rs
> Transportation from Palghar to Base village to Palghar
> Breakfast – Tea
> Local guide charges
> Trekगुरु charges
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs) (must)
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Binocular, Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually.
A good trekking shoes (must), extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
Pravin : 9821318848/9821465256
Do's, Dont's & Facts:-
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof
- we carry only First aid.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may need to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- Read the event itinerary at least once.