Trekगुरु : Trek to Asherigad
Date : 07th Aug 2016
Height: 2000 feet
Time: 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Base Village
Cost: 400 rs
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
Asherigad is big brother of other forts in the Palghar region due to its massiveness and height. Raja Bhoj built the fort about 800 years ago. Raja Bimb, ruler of Mahim captured it from Kolis in the beginning of 14th century. Portuguese had a control of the fort in 1556 and made it the head of 38 villages. The fort was taken by Moghals in the mid of 17th century but again captured by Portuguese in 1683. With the battle of Mahim and Vasai in 1737, Chimaji Appa took over the control of the fort and it was under the rule of Marathas till 1818 then was handed over to Britishers.
Base village is Khodkona. It takes approx 1.5 hrs to reach the col & then 0.5hrs to reach the top. In the col, there is a temple of Vaghjai. The route then leads to carved steps. Remains of settlements, a ruined entrance, fortification symbols, Portuguese shield, 17 water cisterns, 2 lakes, a cave, temple are the things to see on top. One can see forts like Asheri, Adasul, Kohoj.
Journeys and trek scheduled :-
Meeting point : Palghar Railway Station
In any case if u miss the train u will miss the trek
The CHURCHGATE – DAHANU local train timings are given as below: – It’s a FAST local
Churchgate : 05:24
Dadar : 05:41
Bandra. : 05:46
Andheri : 05:55
Borivali : 06:09
Vasai : 06:34
Virar : 06:46
Palghar : 07:26
People coming from Thane-Dombivali-Kalyan can catch Dombivali-Boisar shuttle:-
Dombivali : 05:43
Vasai : 06:35
Virar : 07:04
Palghar : 07:52
08.00 AM : Palghar station (meeting point)
08.30 AM : Move to Base Village by S. T. Bus / Tamtam
09.15 AM : Reach Base village
09.30 AM : Start Ascending
12.30 PM : Reach top
02.00 PM : Start descending
04.30 PM : Base Village
06.00 PM : Return Back to Palghar station
09.00 PM : Reach Dadar (Subjective)
> Transportation from Palghar to Base village to Palghar/Virar (auto/tumtum/bus)
> Breakfast – Tea
> Local guide charges
> Trekगुरु charges
Everything that is not specifically mentioned in 'Include'.
Things to Carry :-
Water Bottle ( 3 Liters ) (must)
Good Trekking shoes (must)
Rainsheeters or Poncho
Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
Cap, scarf, Socks (Extra)
Extra Pair of Clothes
Carry at least 2 Lemons, Chocolate Bars, Glucon D, Odomos.
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications)
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
No wearing of Gold or any other expensive Ornament ( if Lost owns a sole Responsibility )
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits,
A haversack to put all these things.
Contact : Pravin - 9821318848/9821465256
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must).
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- Event may be cancelled or postponed due to natural calamity, any system error.
- Any extra unforeseen expense incurred due to the, unavoidable circumstances during the trek.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated. participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may need to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- Read the event itinerary at least once.