Trekगुरु : Night Trek to Kohoj Fort
Date : 24-25 Dec 2016
Height : 3200 feet aprx
Grade : Easy +
Time : Maximum 2.5 hrs from Waghote, Base Village
Location : Palghar region
Attraction : Heart-Shaped Lake, Bastions, Cisterns, Temples and above all Man-Shaped Pinnacle
Cost : 1000rs (500rs advance)
Contact : Pravin 9821318848/9821465256
Trekगुरु invites you for Night Trek to KOHOJ fort on Saturday-Sunday 24-25 Dec 2016
Trek schedule & Itinerary :-
24th December, Saturday
21:10 - Reach Palghar which is the final meeting point and move towards base village in a local transport.
You can take the 6:35 pm passenger train from Panvel going towards Dahanu.
You can also catch this train from Kopar (Central Railway) at 7:29 pm and from Virar (Western Railway) at 8:34 pm.
Take return ticket till palghar from whichever local station you start from.
22:30 - Reach base village. Have Introduction and dinner
00:00 - Start trekking
25th December, Sunday
03:00 - Reach Plateau of Kohoj and settle down near Shiva Temple
06:30 - Start trekking towards pinnacle
07:00 - Reach pinnacle and explore. Watch the Sunsrise
08:30 - Come back to plateau and have breakfast
09:30 - Start descending
12:30 - Reach base village. We will take a halt near the lake for swimming before reaching village
13:00 - Start moving towards Palghar. Take a halt mid-way for Lunch
15:00 - Reach Palghar and take next train for Mumbai
17:00 - Reach Dadar
The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trek.
Cost : Rs.1000
- Travel from Palghar to base village and back
- Saturday Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast and tea
- Sunday Lunch
- Trekगुरु and local guide charges
- Train tickets to Palghar
- Anything not mentioned above
Things To Be carried:
- Identity proof (must)
- A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs) (must)
- Your own sleeping bag or pair of blanket and bedsheet.
- An extra pair of clothes if you want to swim in lake
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Binocular, Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if u require usually.
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
Pravin : 9821318848/9821465256
Payment Detail :-
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (500rs) into the following Freecharge Or Paytm Or bank account (Please write your name in notes)
Freecharge : 9821318848
Paytm No. : 9821318848
Bank Account Details:
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Do's, Dont' & Facts :-
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must)
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- This trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group. Its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated
- The leader’s decision wil be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- By registering or joining any of the event (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Leisure Trip) organized by Trekगुरु, it is assumed that you have read, understood & agreed to the Do's, Don'ts & Facts